M365 Changelog: Manage Surface Hub devices from Teams admin center
MC301679 – If your organization uses Teams devices for collaboration, now you will also be able to manage Surface Hub devices with Teams from the Teams admin center.
This feature is currently going to be in Preview. Microsoft will be bringing the full-feature set soon after this release.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 84536.
When this will happen:
This Preview feature will roll out to all tenants in mid-December.
How this will affect your organization:
In the Teams admin center, your tenant administrators will now find a new section – ‘Surface Hubs’ under the ‘Teams devices’ section, in the left navigation panel. This section will display the list of all the Surface Hubs enrolled for the tenant and their key details like – Signed-in user, device health, and IP address. Focused details are available by clicking on the device to navigate to the individual device details page.
Details present on the individual device page:
- Health – Shows the Connectivity health and Software health of the device
- Details – Shows the device related properties like – Device name, IP address, OEM serial number, Tags, etc.
- Activity – Shows the meeting details of the user signed-in on the device
- History – Lists the asynchronous operations carried out on the devices.
There are some navigational tools present to help you manage the inventory:
- Manage tags – add and remove tags to the users to organize them as needed
- Filter – filter on the field of your choice to identify the required devices
- Search – search for specific devices based on their username, display name, device name, or the tags associated with them
- Export – export the list of devices and their details in a CSV file
The administrator managing the devices can carry out the following operations on these devices:
- Restart devices
- Download device logs
What you need to do to prepare:
You do not need to do anything to prepare. This change will take effect on its own and Surface Hubs will get enrolled if they are online and signed-in. If you do not see your devices enrolled on the Teams admin center, please try updating them.
For more information about managing Teams devices, please refer to –
For any clarification, please reach out to us.
More in Teams
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Export feature in Teams Admin Center
Sep 12, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Connected Templates
Aug 17, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) 1:1 VOIP and PSTN call recording and transcription in Calls App V2
Aug 16, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Microsoft Teams: Casting from Teams desktop client to Microsoft Teams Rooms
Jul 12, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Announcing graph support for Get Team Template List
Jun 23, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Microsoft Teams device store in Teams admin center
Jun 14, 2022 | Petri Staff
Most popular on petri