M365 Changelog: (Updated) Shared focus plan in Viva Insights
MC313659 – Updated April 07, 2022: Microsoft has updated the rollout timeline below. Thank you for your patience.
Viva insights is releasing new capabilities to help teams protect time for focused work. The shared focus plan will enable managers and team leads with a Microsoft Viva Insights license to foster mutual productivity norms and drive a positive team culture by inviting teams to coordinate focus time for uninterrupted work.
This message is associated with Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 88839.
When this will happen:
- Targeted release starting in early March (previously late January).
- Standard Release will begin rolling out in late June (previously late March) and Microsoft expects the rollout to be complete by late July (previously late April).
How this will affect your organization:
Licensed managers and team leads will be able to access the shared focus plan on the My Team tab within the Microsoft Viva Insights app in Microsoft Teams. This is an opt-in plan, and Shared focus plan participants do not need to be licensed.
View image in new tab
What you need to do to prepare:
- Inform eligible users with the Viva Insights license of the new shared focus plan.
- Enable easier access to the Viva Insights Teams app for your users by pinning the app on the left navigation pane of Teams user interface for quicker discovery of the My team tab.
- Create a custom-app permission policy and assign it to select users and ensure the app is not blocked in the teams admin center.
- If you wish to disable the Viva Insights app, for the whole organization or select users, you will be able to do so through Teams Admin center.
- Review and assess the impact on your organization. Additionally, you might consider updating your training and documentation as appropriate. Learn more about Microsoft Viva Insights, MyAnalytics, Briefing email, and how Microsoft protects your privacy.
More in Viva
M365 Changelog: Inline Suggestions Available While Composing an Email or Meeting Invitation in Outlook on the Web
Jun 9, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Temporarily disable Viva Connections First Run Experience in the Desktop experience
May 27, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
M365 Changelog: MyAnalytics dashboard and Briefing email settings changes
May 24, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
Microsoft Teams Adds Viva Goals Module Powered By Ally.io OKR
May 16, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Exclude sites and files from topic discovery based on applied sensitivity labels
May 3, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
M365 Changelog: Daily Briefing Emails for users with Outlook language setting as null
Apr 20, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
Most popular on petri