M365 Changelog: Loop components in Teams Chat
MC348227 – Loop components: Previously announced Fluid live components (MC270177 July ’21) are now called Loop components and have a new icon.
Loop components in Teams chat offer a new way to ideate, create, and make decisions together. Send a component — like a table, task list, or paragraph — where everyone in your chat can edit inline and see changes as they’re made.
When this will happen:
- Loop components were first launched on Desktop, Mac, Android and iOS and are now rolling out to Web
- The rename of Loop components (formerly known as Fluid live components) and the new Loop icon has taken effect. In the upcoming months, Microsoft will also be changing the file extension for new components created from .fluid to a new .loop file extension.
- You can disable Loop components by following the instructions below. Today, disabling Loop components will also disable the new version of Whiteboard which is rolling out soon. These settings will be decoupled soon and a separate MC post will be sent when this modified setting is available.
How this will affect your organization:
Loop components created in Teams are stored in a .fluid (soon: .loop) file in the creator’s OneDrive for Business (ODB). Being a file in ODB means that users can create, discover, search, share, and manage Loop components (these files) as easily as any Office document. Loop files work with data governance features like auditing, reporting, version history, and legal hold.
What you need to do to prepare:
No change in your environment is required as Loop components are enabled by default.
To disable Loop components (which will also disable the new version of Whiteboard on ODB):
- You can disable Fluid using the Set-SPOTenant cmdlet.
- Set-SPOTenant -IsFluidEnabled $false
These changes take approximately 60 minutes to apply across your tenancy. If you do not see the -IsFluidEnabled option, please update the PSH module.
Note: In the next couple months, the current setting IsFluidEnabled behavior will change to only control Loop components and it will be decoupled from the Whiteboard toggle. A separate MC post will be sent when this modified setting is available.
- First things to know about Loop components
- Send a Loop component in Teams chat
- Overview of Loop components in Microsoft Teams
- Manage Loop components in SharePoint – SharePoint in Microsoft 365 | Microsoft Docs
More in Microsoft Teams
Microsoft to Replace Teams Linux Client with New Progressive Web App
Oct 6, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Speaker Coach in Microsoft Teams Meetings
Oct 5, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Ability to manage third-party app subscriptions from Teams Admin
Oct 4, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
Microsoft Teams Added Native Apple Silicon Support and More in August and September
Oct 3, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Microsoft Teams - External Access Chat Invitation Flow for Managed Organizations
Oct 3, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Schedule Send for Teams Chat
Sep 30, 2022 | Rabia Noureen
Most popular on petri