ISA 2004 SP3 Released
Although Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2004 has been around for a while and has been superseded by ISA 2006, Microsoft has now released SP3 for ISA 2004. Service Pack 3 provides the latest updates to ISA Server 2004 Standard Edition, with increased security, enhanced troubleshooting tools, and improved log viewer functionality. This service pack also adds support for publishing Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 with ISA Server 2004. Microsoft strongly recommends that customers install ISA Server 2004 SP3 on all computers running ISA Server 2004.
ISA Server 2004 SP3 includes:
- All software updates issued since ISA Server 2004 was released to manufacturing.
- Fixes for common issues reported by customers through Microsoft Customer Service and Support.
- Improved log viewer functionality, including an enhanced details pane view, text coloring, and new log filtering functionality.
- Updated ISA Server Microsoft Management Console (MMC) snap-in functionality that provides access to troubleshooting tools and options available directly from the ISA Server Management console.
- Integration with the Microsoft ISA Server Best Practices Analyzer Tool. Note: The ISA Server Best Practices Analyzer is a diagnostic tool (similar in nature to the Exchange Best Practice Analyzer, or EBPA) that automatically performs specific tests on configuration data collected on the local ISA Server computer from the ISA Server hierarchy of administration COM objects, Windows Management Instrumentation (WMI) classes, the system registry, files on disk, and DNS settings. The resulting report details critical configuration issues, potential problems, and information about the local computer. By following the recommendations of the tool, administrators can achieve greater performance, scalability, reliability, and uptime. You can download The ISA Server Best Practices Analyzer from the following link: Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server Best Practices Analyzer Tool (2.2mb)
- New diagnostic logging functionality.
- Support for publishing computers running Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 both to receive and send Internet e-mail messages.
ISA Server 2004 Standard Edition SP3 can be installed directly on computers running ISA Server 2004 Standard Edition.
Read the Best Personal and Business Tech without Ads
Staying updated on what is happening in the technology sector is important to your career and your personal life but ads can make reading news, distracting. With Thurrott Premium, you can enjoy the best coverage in tech without the annoying ads.
ISA Server 2004 Enterprise Edition SP3 can be installed directly on computers running ISA Server 2004 Enterprise Edition.
Note: After you install the service pack, the new version number for ISA Server will not appear in the ISA Server Management details pane (under Configuration). You can view the correct version number in the Windows Add or Remove Programs dialog box, by clicking Click here for support information. Also, to be able to uninstall ISA Server 2004 Service Pack 3 after installation, Microsoft Windows Installer 3.0 must be installed before you install the service pack. Before uninstalling ISA Server Service Pack 3, run ISA Server installation in Repair mode.