M365 Changelog: Introducing an enhanced Teams Calling experience
MC229945 – Updated February 23, 2021: We have updated the rollout timeline below. Thank you for your patience.
We are simplifying the calling experience in the Teams desktop app (Windows and Mac) by providing a streamlined view that combines contacts, voicemail, and calling history.
- Microsoft 365 Roadmap ID 68771
- Timing: mid-March (previously end of February) through the end of April (previously mid-March)
- Roll-out: user level roll-out v tenant level
- Action: review and assess
How this will affect your organization
When your users update the Teams desktop app, they will see the new calling experience. A streamlined view shows contacts, voicemail, and calling history at once, making it easier to initiate or return a call with a single click.
Additional enhancements that are coming to Teams Calling:
- CarPlay support for Teams Calling
- Teams Admins can take advantage of the Teams and OneDrive or SharePoint integration and make OneDrive or SharePoint the default calls recording storage location, in lieu of Stream.
- Teams will identify potential spam calls and digitally attest to outgoing calls to prevent them from being rejected by external recipients.
What you need to do to prepare
You might want to notify your users about this new capability and update your training and documentation as appropriate.
More in Teams
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Export feature in Teams Admin Center
Dec 12, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Expanded reactions in Microsoft Teams
Dec 1, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Connected Templates
Aug 17, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) 1:1 VOIP and PSTN call recording and transcription in Calls App V2
Aug 16, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Microsoft Teams: Casting from Teams desktop client to Microsoft Teams Rooms
Jul 12, 2022 | Petri Staff
M365 Changelog: (Updated) Announcing graph support for Get Team Template List
Jun 23, 2022 | Petri Staff
Most popular on petri