Install IIS on Windows XP
To install IIS 5.1 on Windows XP Pro follow these steps:
- On the Start menu, click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Click Add/Remove Windows Components.
- Click Internet Information Services (IIS) and then click Details.
Read the Best Personal and Business Tech without Ads
Staying updated on what is happening in the technology sector is important to your career and your personal life but ads can make reading news, distracting. With Thurrott Premium, you can enjoy the best coverage in tech without the annoying ads.
- In Internet Information Services (IIS), select the check boxes for SMTP Service and World Wide Web Service, and then click OK.
- In Windows Component selection, ensure that the Internet Information Services (IIS) check box is selected, and then click OK to install the components that you selected.