Install IIS on Windows XP
To install IIS 5.1 on Windows XP Pro follow these steps:
- On the Start menu, click Control Panel.
- Double-click Add or Remove Programs.
- Click Add/Remove Windows Components.
- Click Internet Information Services (IIS) and then click Details.
Say Goodbye to Traditional PC Lifecycle Management
Traditional IT tools, including Microsoft SCCM, Ghost Solution Suite, and KACE, often require considerable custom configurations by T3 technicians (an expensive and often elusive IT resource) to enable management of a hybrid onsite + remote workforce. In many cases, even with the best resources, organizations are finding that these on-premise tools simply cannot support remote endpoints consistently and reliably due to infrastructure limitations.
- In Internet Information Services (IIS), select the check boxes for SMTP Service and World Wide Web Service, and then click OK.
- In Windows Component selection, ensure that the Internet Information Services (IIS) check box is selected, and then click OK to install the components that you selected.