Shavlik HFNetChk Pro/LT
Featuring Shalvik’s exclusive PatchPush, HFNetChkPro is the easiest way to manage security patches on your network, keeping your network safe. You no longer need to walk to each computer to install patches, or track security patches by hand. HFNetChkPro does this job for you, providing significant time savings in dealing with the large number of security patches system administrators must manage.
It’s easy. Just install HFNetChkPro once, instead of installing agents over and over. And in just minutes this automated, real-time, patch management tool scans your entire network for vulnerabilities right from your desktop, freeing you up to focus on other security and administrative issues.
Built on the industry standard HFNetChk, it is the automated, real-time, patch management tool that helps you quickly eliminate security risks associated with un-patched computers. Used worldwide by corporations including Microsoft, educational institutions, government agencies, and others to assure proper security patch management.
Passwords Haven’t Disappeared Yet
123456. Qwerty. Iloveyou. No, these are not exercises for people who are brand new to typing. Shockingly, they are among the most common passwords that end users choose in 2021. Research has found that the average business user must manually type out, or copy/paste, the credentials to 154 websites per month. We repeatedly got one question that surprised us: “Why would I ever trust a third party with control of my network?
Accurately identify missing patches on your network using HFNetChkPro’s leading discovery engine, providing you with the most secure and robust patch inspection solution in the industry. HFNetChkPro allows you to precisely review, manage and report on the patch state of your network using up-to-the minute patch information.
Remotely update computers with patches from your desktop with the ease of a few mouse clicks. HFNetChkPro enables you to remotely install the patches you determine as necessary for your unique environment. You can install patches one at a time, or in groups, to one or many computers at a time.
The HfnetchkPro tool uses an Extensible Markup Language (XML) file that contains information about which hotfixes are available for each product. The XML file contains security bulletin name and title, and detailed data about product-specific security hotfixes, including: files in each HotFix package and their file versions and checksums, registry keys that were applied by the HotFix installation package, information about which patches supersede which other patches, related Microsoft Knowledge Base article numbers, and much more.
HFNetChkLT 4.0 and HFNetChkPro 4.0 are now bundled within the same software product. To activate HFNetChkPro, install HFNetChkLT 4.0 and enter your Pro License Key. If you’ve already downloaded and installed HFNetChkLT 4.0, you can enter the Pro License Key to turn your LT installation into a Pro installation.
Key New Features in HFNetChkLT and HFNetChkPro 4.0.75:
- New and Updated Help Files
- Uninstall capability for select patches
- Active Directory integration – scan by Organizational Units (OU)
- Microsoft Office 2000 hotfix and service pack deployment
- SQL database integration for HFNetChkPro customers with SQL-enabled version
- Rich GUI provides a broad range of time saving patch management solutions.
- No Agents are required, enabling simple setup and maintenance of your patch management.
- Real-time direct access to Microsoft and Shalvik security update databases; security is time sensitive because as soon as Microsoft releases patches attackers have a direct road map to your network.
- Powerful file based patch installation validation enables you to be absolutely sure your security patches are properly applied – an industry first, and security critical.
- Automated patch download center.
- Management and engineering reports.
- Microsoft patches validated to assure they have not been tampered with.
- Optimized Patch-Supercedence algorithms allow you to only work with the patches you need to.
- Supports scanning and pushing of patches to 1000s of computers.
- No Script creation required.
- Access patch XML database and Microsoft’s XML database
- Scheduled and immediate remote patch installations, and schedule scans.
- Control of remote reboot of patched computers.
- Qchain.exe used to allow multiple patch installations for one reboot.
- Shared relational database storage.
- Command line support.
- XML, HTML, CSV Output in batch mode.
- Supports “RunAs” to support multiple user accounts.
- Proxy support.
- IP Discovery.
International PatchPush™ Support For:
- Exchange Server 5.5 and 2000.
- SQL Server 7.0 and 2000.
- Windows Media Player.
- Windows NT, Windows 2000, Windows XP.
- Windows NT Terminal Server Edition.
- Internet Information Server (IIS).
- Internet Explorer (IE).
- Java Virtual Machine.
- Front Page Server Extensions.
- ISA Server (early 2003).
- TabletPC (early 2003).
- Commerce Server (early 2003).
- Microsoft Office (early 2003).
- Microsoft Outlook (early 2003).
- Service Packs for all supported products.
Download HFNetChk version 4.0.75 (28 meg) release date: May 23, 2003
HFNetChk Pro (Features)