Register for Semperis' Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Conference - June 30 - July 1 Register for Semperis' Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Conference - June 30 - July 1

XP, after restoring from Acronis, it asks for activation

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 2000 Pro, XP Pro XP, after restoring from Acronis, it asks for activation

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • loureed4

Hello,

I have just made a restore test, to see how Acronis works.
    My system is a XP SP3. (Original, Licensed copy)

Everything goes smoothly concerning the Restoration except for it asks me to activate the copy, I suppose this happens for Windows to check it is an original Windows XP.

What I really don’t know is what will happen when the old computer crashes (it is 6 years old) and I have to perform the actual restoration in another hardware…Will I be able to use the XP Serial from the old hardware?

THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register for the Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Europe Conference!

Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Europe 2021 - Virtual Conference

Mobile workforces, cloud applications, and digitalization are changing every aspect of the modern enterprise. And with radical transformation come new business risks. Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) is the premier educational forum for identity-centric practitioners. At the inaugural HIP Europe, join your local IAM experts and Microsoft MVPs to learn all the latest from the Hybrid Identity world.