Coming Soon: GET:IT Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET Coming Soon: GET:IT Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET

Xenapp 6.5 users not showing desktop icons

Home Forums Virtualization Other Virtualization Products and Issues Xenapp 6.5 users not showing desktop icons

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Bertmax

So, I’ve been tasked with testing our software with Citrix’s Xenapp. It should be noted that I’m not the person who set up the Xenapp server or environment, it was just handed off to me.

I have a couple of desktops set up and there are admin and user accounts that were set up before I got it. When I use the “Install Application on Remote Desktop Server” to create a new app install, when it is completed, it shows up on the desktop (and start menu, if I so choose) of one of my profiles, but no others. Even though during the setup I specified to include a shortcut on both the desktop and in the start menu, it’s only for that one user. I’ll show you what I mean.

The first pic is the one with the shortcuts, the second without. The one icon on the second picture is because placing a desktop shortcut is part of the installation process for that program.

Any ideas?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Live Webinar: Active Directory Security: What Needs Immediate Priority!Live on Tuesday, October 12th at 1 PM ET

Attacks on Active Directory are at an all-time high. Companies that are not taking heed are being punished, both monetarily and with loss of production.

In this webinar, you will learn:

• How to prioritize vulnerability management
  • What attackers are leveraging to breach organizations
  • Where Active Directory security needs immediate attention
  • Overall strategy to secure your environment and keep it secured

Sponsored by: