GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

Workstations randomly lose Outlook connections

Home Forums Server Operating Systems SBS 2000 / 2003 / 2008 / 2011 Workstations randomly lose Outlook connections

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    danielp

This is a vague question, mostly because it’s not my system, so I don’t have all the information needed.

The admin claims that out of the 20 or so workstations, some randomly lose connection to the Exchange (SBS 2003) server. They open their OL profile and work fine, then the next day they tell you they can’t find the Exchange server. It only happens to one workstation at a time, and it’s not the same one. Every time it could be one of the 20 or so machines, nothing that makes sense.

He doesn’t think it’s a CAL issue as he has enough, and the same workstation works fine an hour or more later.

The workstaions were installed fresh and not from a Ghost image.

The Exchange server (the SBS) doesn’t show any specific errors in the event log.

As I said, it’s not my system and I don’t have any sort of access to it in order to make any checks, but I can recommend them to the admin.

Any insight?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.