Wireless Access Point Hosts Lan Devices???

Home Forums Networking General Networking Wireless Access Point Hosts Lan Devices???

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Kobe 310

I have a building with 3 floors, i have a 2 linksys routers being used as access points, and 1 netgear router used as an acces point….THES ARE ONLY USED FOR LAPTOPS(1 for each floor, netgear top floor). There are a total of 3 24 port switches, each device connects to the switch directly, except for wireless laptops. Only the LAN side is used on the routersaccess points, not the WAN. DHCP server is turned off , and i have the access points static.

The netgear has a link “attached devices” the linksys does not. The Netgear’s attached devices do show devices, 27 of them, However the linksys has a status tab which shows “local network” and “wireless” There are none in either 1 of the linksys. Are the devices attached, but linksys doesn’t offer that page?

OK, trying to explain this short and sweet the best i can, lol

Now, back to the Netgear, some of the devices attached are LAN devices, as well as wireless, this is a 3rd floor access-point for wireless laptops, why is it showing devices on the first floor and 2nd floor, and why are some lan?

Aslo there are 2 wireless laptops that are connected to the 2nd floor access point(linksys) that shows up on the netgear access point.(There are 15 laptops on that floor, why do just those 2 show up, why not all of them?)

Lastly, if i disable UPnP on the netgear, the devices go from 27, to 16.

1) Are ther devices attached, but linksys doesn’t offer that page?
    2) Why is it showing devices on the first floor and 2nd floor, and why are some lan?
    3)Why do those 2 laptops show up on the netgear, but the other laptops don’t?
    4) How are Lan printers affected by the UPnP setting of this Access Point?

Hope I explained that well.

Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

13 Email Threat Types to Know About Right Now

As email threats evolve and multiply, keeping track of them all—and staying protected against the many different types—becomes a complex challenge. Today, that requires more than just the traditional email gateway solution that used to be good enough.

In this eBook you will learn:

• What are the most common and challenging email attacks for organizations?
  • How to defend against sophisticated email threats, such as spoofing, social engineering, and fraud
  • How to protect employees at the inbox level with the right technologies and security-awareness training
  • How to use a multilayered protection strategy to reduce susceptibility to email attacks and better defend your business and employees

Sponsored by: