I would like to start using windows snmp but I have a few general questions:
1. Has anybody here used SNMP on Windows?
2. It seems that the agent only supports versons 1 2c, is this not insecure?
3. If I wanted to make sure that is was installed via group policy, how would I do this. It is a part of windows, but I don’t fancy going round to every machine with a CD and doing the whole add/remove windows components. This would be stupid. Could I create an MSI or would that create a problem later?
4. Is the SNMP agent on windows extensible, can I get it to export tests from scripts etc via OIDs the way you can with net-snmp for example?
5. Does windows SNMP agent suck and should I be trying to use something else?