VeeamON 2021: Free Online Conference - Register Now VeeamON 2021: Free Online Conference - Register Now

Windows Installer on Windows 2008R2 Terminal Server

Home Forums Virtualization Terminal Services Windows Installer on Windows 2008R2 Terminal Server

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Robert R.
    Participant

environment: psterm.dev.CO.TLD Windows 2008 R2 with Remote Desktop configured as Remote Desktop Server

When attempting to install PeopleSoft on a Windows 2008 R2 terminal server, from the administrator command line, and setting change user /install , I get the following error messages:

Workstation Configuration Error
    Error Copying File
    c:peoplesoftpt849SETUPPSODBC12420437.cpx
    to
    C:Windowssystem3212520437.cpx
    Access is denied.
    Please correct before installing workstation.

and

Workstation Configuration Error
    Error Copying File
    c:peoplesoftpt849SETUPPSODBC12520850.cpx
    to
    C:Windowssystem3212520850.cpx
    Access is denied.
    Please correct before installing workstation.

and then a “Workstation Installation Complete” message, even though the application has not actually been installed.

[IMG]http://forums.petri.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4602&stc=1&d=1297383933[/IMG]

I can copy the two files manually to C:WindowsSystem32

In the event log, there is a

Log Name: Application
    Source: MsiInstaller
    Date: 2/10/2011 4:34:38 PM
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: psterm.dev.CO.TLD
    Description:
    Windows Installer proxy information not correctly registered
    Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
    psterm.dev.CO.TLD

Windows Installer proxy information not correctly registered
    (NULL)
    (NULL)
    (NULL)
    (NULL)

A search for Windows Installer proxy information not correctly registered” led me to the appropriate Tech Net page.

Following Microsoft’s directions, I changed the value of

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetservicesMSIServerImagePath

from C:UsersrobertrAppDataLocalTempIXP000.TMPMsiExec.exe /V

to C:WindowsSystem32MsiExec.exe /V

rebooted the server into Safe Mode, and registered the service

msiexec /regserver

and rebooted back into normal mode.

The path to the service in both the registry and Windows Installer service properties is now correct.

[IMG]http://forums.petri.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4600&stc=1&d=1297383933[/IMG]

When I again attempted to run the PeopleSoft installation batch file, I got the same error message.

Both the executable path in the Windows Installer service and the value of ImagePath in the registry were changed back to C:Users[username *]AppDataLocalTempIXP000.TMPMsiExec.exe /V

* In the attached screen shots , I was logged in as the local administrator after rebooting back into normal mode.

Why does the Windows Installer service keep reverting back to it’s previous setting of C:Users[username]AppDataLocalTempIXP000.TMPMsiExec.exe /V , in both the registry and the properties of the service, every time I try to run this installation?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free Online Conference - May 25th and 26th

VeeamON 2021: Free Online Conference

Join us to gain your professional edge with technical and visionary learning from the brightest minds in IT at the definitive conference for Modern Data Protection.

Register Now

Sponsored By