GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

Windows Installer on Windows 2008R2 Terminal Server

Home Forums Virtualization Terminal Services Windows Installer on Windows 2008R2 Terminal Server

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Robert R.
    Participant

environment: psterm.dev.CO.TLD Windows 2008 R2 with Remote Desktop configured as Remote Desktop Server

When attempting to install PeopleSoft on a Windows 2008 R2 terminal server, from the administrator command line, and setting change user /install , I get the following error messages:

Workstation Configuration Error
    Error Copying File
    c:peoplesoftpt849SETUPPSODBC12420437.cpx
    to
    C:Windowssystem3212520437.cpx
    Access is denied.
    Please correct before installing workstation.

and

Workstation Configuration Error
    Error Copying File
    c:peoplesoftpt849SETUPPSODBC12520850.cpx
    to
    C:Windowssystem3212520850.cpx
    Access is denied.
    Please correct before installing workstation.

and then a “Workstation Installation Complete” message, even though the application has not actually been installed.

[IMG]http://forums.petri.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4602&stc=1&d=1297383933[/IMG]

I can copy the two files manually to C:WindowsSystem32

In the event log, there is a

Log Name: Application
    Source: MsiInstaller
    Date: 2/10/2011 4:34:38 PM
    Event ID: 1000
    Task Category: None
    Level: Error
    Keywords: Classic
    User: N/A
    Computer: psterm.dev.CO.TLD
    Description:
    Windows Installer proxy information not correctly registered
    Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
    psterm.dev.CO.TLD

Windows Installer proxy information not correctly registered
    (NULL)
    (NULL)
    (NULL)
    (NULL)

A search for Windows Installer proxy information not correctly registered” led me to the appropriate Tech Net page.

Following Microsoft’s directions, I changed the value of

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESYSTEMCurrentControlSetservicesMSIServerImagePath

from C:UsersrobertrAppDataLocalTempIXP000.TMPMsiExec.exe /V

to C:WindowsSystem32MsiExec.exe /V

rebooted the server into Safe Mode, and registered the service

msiexec /regserver

and rebooted back into normal mode.

The path to the service in both the registry and Windows Installer service properties is now correct.

[IMG]http://forums.petri.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4600&stc=1&d=1297383933[/IMG]

When I again attempted to run the PeopleSoft installation batch file, I got the same error message.

Both the executable path in the Windows Installer service and the value of ImagePath in the registry were changed back to C:Users[username *]AppDataLocalTempIXP000.TMPMsiExec.exe /V

* In the attached screen shots , I was logged in as the local administrator after rebooting back into normal mode.

Why does the Windows Installer service keep reverting back to it’s previous setting of C:Users[username]AppDataLocalTempIXP000.TMPMsiExec.exe /V , in both the registry and the properties of the service, every time I try to run this installation?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.