Windows 7 Update Problems

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 7 Windows 7 Update Problems

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Kyuuketsuki
    Participant

Hi,

I’ve just built a new PC with Windows 7 64 bit (Professional) … no applications, anti-virus or anything else as yet. The specifications (which might be important) are as follows:

* Intel i7 2600K (o/c to 4.6Gb)
    * Asus P8Z68-V motherboard
    * 8GB corsair Vengeance DDR3
    * 60GB corsair SSD SATA 3 boot drive
    * 0GB SATA II DATA

It’s a recent board with SATA 3 & USB 3 (Z68 chipset) and the board/CPU/memory was bought new from Scan computers as a pre-tested overclock bundle and I am using the onboard graphics at present.

So … I installed Windows AOK using a USB drive (I hadn’t realised my old ATA DVD drive wouldn’t be supported) and subsequently all the drivers for the board with no issue. Windows 7 is an early copy (bought when MS were offering it cheap pre-launch, it has been used before but not for about 2 months. It is activated) I then started updating … there was a point at which

I wasn’t able to install SP1 straight away (my normal MO is install latest SP then patch up to date) as the OS didn’t meet the required specifications … it appears MS now require some/all patched to be installed before the system qualifies for SP.

The error I get can be seen in the attachment (specifically 800B0100 & 8007065E).

I’ve searched the internet and these are some of the things I have tried:

* System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (only installs the same one patch [KB947821] over and over at a time and takes forever).
    * Disabled the Windows firewall (no other apps on system).
    * Registered (from command prompt run as admin):
    — regsvr32 Softpub.dll /s
    — regsvr32 Wintrust.dll /s
    — regsvr32 Initpki.dll /s
    — regsvr32 Mssip32.dll /s

I would like to get the OS patched up to date before I start installing everything else so any help would be appreciated :)

Keke

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.