Windows 2000 Pro – Admin Password Lost – Help!

Home Forums Security Forgot Administrator Password Windows 2000 Pro – Admin Password Lost – Help!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • clb5

OK, so I did a dumb thing. I’ve got a Thinkpad running W2K Pro and I bought it from a previous employer. Worked great for 3 years, and I got a new one and wanted to xfer the data to the new one and was told that if I configure it for a home network it would be easy.

Went into the Network Identification screen and changed it from a “Business Network” to a “Home Network” and then it forced a reboot.

After the reboot it will not recognize my user name/password …. nada.

So … called IBM & Microsoft and they said to log on as the Admin and reset the password for my account. Sounded simple but …

I DON”T HAVE THE ADMIN password.

Is there a way to get around this or am I forced to lose the data and re-install the operating system.

Please Help and tell me there is a way????

Thanks,

C

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Don't leave your business open to attack! Come learn how to protect your AD in this FREE masterclass!REGISTER NOW - Thursday, December 2, 2021 @ 1 pm ET

Active Directory (AD) is leveraged by over 90% of enterprises worldwide as the authentication and authorization hub of their IT infrastructure—but its inherent complexity leaves it prone to misconfigurations that can allow attackers to slip into your network and wreak havoc. 

Join this session with Microsoft MVP and MCT Sander Berkouwer, who will explore:

• Whether you should upgrade your domain controllers to Windows Server
    2019 and beyond
  • Achieving mission impossible: updating DCs within 48 hours
  • How to disable legacy protocols and outdated compatibility options in
    Active Directory

Sponsored by: