Coming Soon: GET:IT Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET Coming Soon: GET:IT Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET

Windows 10 Unable to remove or forget Wifi for PC’s

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 10 Windows 10 Unable to remove or forget Wifi for PC’s

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
  • jason0923
    Participant

We’re getting more and more cases where a user cannot remove the Wifi SSIS from their PC IE they change their home WIfi Password and need to forget it and add it again with the new PWD.

I have one with me and I am logged in as a different user and when you hit forget it just goes grey. When I try the PS command netsh wlan delete profile name=NAME. I get “You do not have sufficient privileges or the profile…. on interface Wifi is a group policy profile.

Its not a GP pushed wifi profile its users home or etc they have added. We use the same ver of windows on all our PC’s and I pulled another laptop logged in as the same user and can add and remove the Wifi fine. I am using a different account from the user so its not a user profile issue.

What am I missing

manlyboots
    Participant

I would start with the GPO. Not sure what it may be but my money is there. Do an RSOP and see if there are any hints. If not, check the registry key for what policies are applied, it may be an old one hanging out. Maybe here? Also don’t forget! if a GPO changes a 1 to a 0, then removing the GPO does NOT revert it, it will still be a zero until changed back.

my ¢2

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Live Webinar: Active Directory Security: What Needs Immediate Priority!Live on Tuesday, October 12th at 1 PM ET

Attacks on Active Directory are at an all-time high. Companies that are not taking heed are being punished, both monetarily and with loss of production.

In this webinar, you will learn:

• How to prioritize vulnerability management
  • What attackers are leveraging to breach organizations
  • Where Active Directory security needs immediate attention
  • Overall strategy to secure your environment and keep it secured

Sponsored by: