GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

[win2k3 + Exch 2k3] Exmerge Export problem

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 [win2k3 + Exch 2k3] Exmerge Export problem

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    pr0mpt

Hi all,

I’ve tried to user Exmerge to export mailboxes from our Exchange 2003 server, but am running into problems.

Here are some details on our setup:

• Windows 2003 Standard Server SP2
    • Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 version 6.5 (Build 7638.2 Service Pack 2)
    • Logged in as Administrator account
    • Part of an AD environment
    • Running Exmerge as Administrator on the same server where Exchange is running.
    • This server is also DC for the domain.

I’ve made sure that on the mailboxes I’m trying to export I have full control, no send as/receive as deny [also not from parenting groups, I’ve set all the possible denies to allows], on the Exchange Server, the Storage Group and Exchange Environment all have full access as well.

Yet when I try to run Exmerge I get an immediate failure when trying to export one of the mailboxes.

The Exmerge.log is set to maximum logging and shows me the following error:

Code:
    [16:21:47] Copying data from mailbox ‘AM-Boekhouding’ (‘AM-BOEKHOUDING’) on Server ‘W2K3OFFICE’ to file ‘F:SYSTEEMBEHEERTEMPAM-BOEKHOUDING.PST’.
    [16:21:47] DN of object is ‘/O=SHIELD MARK/OU=FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP/CN=RECIPIENTS/CN=AM-BOEKHOUDING’.
    [16:21:47] Entered Routine: (CMapiSession::MapiInit)
    [16:21:47] Successfully initialized MAPI.
    [16:21:47] Ending Routine: (CMapiSession::MapiInit)
    [16:21:47] Entered Routine: (CMapiSession::CreateEMSPSTProfile)
    [16:21:47] Error creating Message Service (MSPST MS) (CMapiSession::CreateEMSPSTProfile)
    [16:21:47] Ending Routine: (CMapiSession::CreateEMSPSTProfile)
    [16:21:47] Errors encountered. Copy process aborted for mailbox ‘AM-Boekhouding’ (‘AM-BOEKHOUDING’).
    [16:21:47] Entered Routine: (CMapiSession::DeleteOurProfile)
    [16:21:47] Ending Routine: (CMapiSession::DeleteOurProfile)
    [16:21:47] Ending Routine: EDKRoutines::CopyMailBoxData)
    [16:21:47] ((Thread0)) CopyMailboxData Failed -AM-BOEKHOUDING
    [16:21:47] ((Thread0)) Incremented progress bar
    [16:21:47] Number of items copied from the source store for all mailboxes processed: 0
    [16:21:47] Total number of folders processed in the source store: 0
    [16:21:47] 0 mailboxes successfully processed. 1 mailboxes were not successfully processed. 0 non-fatal errors encountered.

The folder where I’m trying to export to exists and I have sufficient rights to this folder. Even changing to another disk/folder/server doesn’t affect the export.

The mailbox I’m trying to use at the moment is only 652KB of size, but that’s one of my test boxes. Once this is working I have various large sized mailboxes to export, so manually doing this in Outlook client is not really an option.

I’ve double and tripple checked the permission structure on the server, I have also added the following registry key to the registry:

Code:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftExchangeExAdminShowSecurityPage
    Data Type: REG_DWORD
    Value: 1

Which has allowed me to see some more of the security tabs which I have then changed, but unfortunately no luck.

I have checked Petri.co.il [of course], Experts-exchange.com, google, local forums and all, but I keep getting referred to “send as/receive as” permissions, but am unable to find out where those might still be.
    As far as I know I’ve changed all the permissions to match what they should be, unfortunately the error still remains.

Here are some screenshots of the permissions:
    [ATTACH]3304[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]3305[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]3306[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]3307[/ATTACH]
    [ATTACH]3308[/ATTACH]
    I also had a screenshot for the Mailbox Store permissions but it’s basically the same, the forum won’t allow me to upload the 6th picture, so just imagine it ;)

Does anyone have a clue where I should look?

Kind regards
    Robert

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.