1) Wasn’t sure if this should be in Server 2008 or the GPO section.
2) I’ve searched the interwebs extensively and I feel like I’m missing *something*.
3) I’m farily new to GPO…so place nice. :)
Deploying our first Win10 machines with a 2008 R2 server in place. I’d like to create some GPO’s to control them but am failing very early in the process. I’ve pieced together so many articles and feel like I’m missing the one that spells out what I’m looking for.
1) I’ve downloaded the .admx files and placed them in the sysvol folder.
2) Created a OU for just Win10 machines.
3) Have a test VM server that I’m performing this on so I can break it as much as I like it and won’t affect our live servers.
When creating a GPO I don’t see a way of creating a Win10 one. I feel like just placing the .admx files in the directory wasn’t enough…almost like they need to be installed or the GPM needs to be ‘refreshed’…oh hey…I have new templates type of thing.
I apologize about being such a novice but hoping some one can help.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Create a free account today to participate in forum conversations, comment on posts and more.