VeeamON 2021: Free Online Conference - Register Now VeeamON 2021: Free Online Conference - Register Now

WIN XP PRo – BIOS keeps loosing its memory =>NTLDR is missing

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 2000 Pro, XP Pro WIN XP PRo – BIOS keeps loosing its memory =>NTLDR is missing

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    MiniSun

Hello Guys,
    I know the title is too common but please be patient and read on…:-? and I hope this is the appropriate forum?!?!
    A couple of months ago I had a fault with Office Outlook 2003 and posted a question in the Outlook 2003 section (see the link: http://forums.petri.com/showthread.php?t=7905. I got some really good answers and had the problem solved!:grin: :)
    Thing is – I keep getting the same thing again and again, so I keep fixing it:-? – Had to do it 4 times since!:confused:
    I started suspecting a Virus or something similiar, but could not find any thing:confused: .
    One thing lead to another – now my Bios keeps loosing itself and does not detect my Primary Master Drive:confused:
    I thought there was something wrong mechanically with my machine, too much dust, fans not working, P/S failure – but no – all the fans are working, P/S is OK (also electrically), had the whole machine cleaned from dust..air pressure…. I had the bios re-flashed with the latest version, and NADA:confused:

My OS is WIN XP Pro SP2, continuousely updated.

I have 5 or 6 different protection softwares constantly updated and daily monitoring my system:
    Norton System Works & Norton Internet Security 2006,
    MS Deffender,
    Spy Bot ,
    System Mechanic Pro 5,
    AdAware SE Pro,
    and they did not detect a thing?!?!?!

My M/B is an ASUS P4S8X-X and my Bios version is P4S8X-X Beta BIOS 1005.001
    I have a PCI SATA controller installed – SiL 3112A SATARaid BIOS Version 4.2.47- and a Sil 0680 ATA/133 Medley RAID Controller BIOS Version 3.2.04.
    I have 2 ATA 133 HDD’s (160 & 120 Gb) and 1 SATA HDD (250 Gb) – The SATA is the Primary Master. Trying to find faults or conflicts with those controllers utilites (applying F4 & F3 respectively) – I get no errors!:confused:
    My CPU is an INTEL P4 1.8 Ghz, and I have 1Gb RAM,
    I’d appreciate any comment and idea as to the right way to solve my problem!!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Free Online Conference - May 25th and 26th

VeeamON 2021: Free Online Conference

Join us to gain your professional edge with technical and visionary learning from the brightest minds in IT at the definitive conference for Modern Data Protection.

Register Now

Sponsored By