Coming Soon: GET:IT Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET Coming Soon: GET:IT Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET

What better gear for ESXI HOST

Home Forums Virtualization Other Virtualization Products and Issues What better gear for ESXI HOST

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • bnoyzf24

Hello everyone ,

I want to install a session of ESXI 6.0 on a physical machine where i want to create more virtual machines(win10guests) (around 10 x 6 GB ram each ).
    On those machines i will run tomcat apache instances .
    Since there is always a cost issue , i found 2 systems that i am thinking for this.
    The price for this is quite similar but i am not sure what do do regarding the RAM (frequency)and CPU (cores/threads) differences.
    1. Desktop PC : I7-5820K CPU(http://ark.intel.com/products/82932/…up-to-3_60-GHz) , Asus X99-A MB , 4×16 GB DDRM4 2133 with 1 TB HDD
    This has 2015 components.
    2.Server : [SIZE=16px]HP ProLiant DL160 G8 , that has : 2 x [/SIZE]E5-2640 http://ark.intel.com/products/64591/…-GTs-Intel-QPI , 64 GB DDR3 1333 with 1 TB HDD
    This has 2012 components

Basically the important question is : What to pick between 1 x i7 5820k CPU and DDR4 2133 vs 2 x E5-2640 and DDR3 1333 for the instalation of ESXI as host.
    And also how important are the cores for an virtualization sistem like ESXI.
    Thank you very much for your time ,

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Live Webinar: Active Directory Security: What Needs Immediate Priority!Live on Tuesday, October 12th at 1 PM ET

Attacks on Active Directory are at an all-time high. Companies that are not taking heed are being punished, both monetarily and with loss of production.

In this webinar, you will learn:

• How to prioritize vulnerability management
  • What attackers are leveraging to breach organizations
  • Where Active Directory security needs immediate attention
  • Overall strategy to secure your environment and keep it secured

Sponsored by: