Weird RWW Issue.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    ali3n8

When I connect RWW I can connect to my desktop and server no issues there. But I did notice something weird. Let me just give you some specifics first. My server connection has the ip of 192.168.1.4 and my network connection on the server has the ip of 192.168.1.5. My desktop has the ip of 192.168.1.2. So here is what is happening when my desktop is off and i go to rww and try to connect to it, i am connected to my sbs server which logically shouldnt happen if my desktop is off i should get some sort of error. So I was thinking we maybe one of the nics on my server were being assigned the ip address that i reserved in dhcp for my desktop. So i go to the command line and do an ipconfig on the server and all ip address appear as they should. My next step is to ping the ip address of my desktop and i dont get a response which should happen since it is shutdown. Here is what gets me when i ping the IP’s of my server…the 192.168.1.4 resolves correctly when i ping 192.168.1.5 it resolves to the name of my desktop so this is why it connects me to the server when my desktop is shutdown. Im trying to figure out how this is happening any one have any ideas or experience this same issue?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.