Volume Shadow Copy Service Starting/Stopping

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 Volume Shadow Copy Service Starting/Stopping

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • humbletech99

Does the Volume Shadow Copy Service that comes with Windows Server 2003 only start and come in to the running state in service control when it is actually taking a snapshot?

I have been googling and reading articles but they tend to all just tell me the basics of how to use it or the architecture of it, and I’ve been unable to find the answer to my question, so I was hoping that someone could share their wisdom on this with me.

Is has been my observation that both services “MS Software Shadow Copy Provider” and “Volume Shadow Copy” both come in the Manual Startup Type by default in services. This would seem to support that they do not run all the time to watch things, but only when taking a snapshot?

Can anyone shed more light on this?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

13 Email Threat Types to Know About Right Now

As email threats evolve and multiply, keeping track of them all—and staying protected against the many different types—becomes a complex challenge. Today, that requires more than just the traditional email gateway solution that used to be good enough.

In this eBook you will learn:

• What are the most common and challenging email attacks for organizations?
  • How to defend against sophisticated email threats, such as spoofing, social engineering, and fraud
  • How to protect employees at the inbox level with the right technologies and security-awareness training
  • How to use a multilayered protection strategy to reduce susceptibility to email attacks and better defend your business and employees

Sponsored by: