Vista Home premium, administrator password recovery/reset

Home Forums Security Forgot Administrator Password Vista Home premium, administrator password recovery/reset

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Honest_Abe

system: Windows Vista Home Premium
    problem: Forgot administrator password, but still have access to a standard account.

Ok, I read the previous posts and articles, but what I understand of them is that they are either not for Vista or the links were removed by the mods. Can anyone please give me a hand, I have to admit that I am a total idiot. The reason I am in this predicament is that I read somewhere that you should have at least two users. One on an administrator, which you don’t use, and one on a standard account which you use normally.

Well I had only one account, so I went and made another, then forgot the about all of this for a week, and in that week forgot the new account’s password. However I still went and transferred the administrator privileges to the new account. Thus making myself locked out of all administrator actions. A classic example of real stupidity.

So I tried to restore the system to a point before the change, but that requires administrator approval. Also my PC didn’t have an install CD included when I bought it.

I am trying to work this, but if anyone can spend a little time to point me in the right direction, I really appreciate it.

Also I picked my screenname cause I wanted to express how I am not trying to hack into someone’s comp, just regain access to my own.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

External Sharing and Guest User Access in Microsoft 365 and Teams

This eBook will dive into policy considerations you need to make when creating and managing guest user access to your Teams network, as well as the different layers of guest access and the common challenges that accompany a more complicated Microsoft 365 infrastructure.

You will learn:

• Who should be allowed to be invited as a guest?
  • What type of guests should be able to access files in SharePoint and OneDrive?
  • How should guests be offboarded?
  • How should you determine who has access to sensitive information in your environment?

Sponsored by: