Virtual Machine keeps crashing post login. Workstation Version 11.

Home Forums Virtualization VMware Virtualization Virtual Machine keeps crashing post login. Workstation Version 11.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Parth Maniar

[SIZE=14px]Greeting’s, I have a peculiar problem where post installation of Windows XP SP2 on a Workstation 11 VM the machine keeps crashing. As soon as I log onto the machine, it crashes. This also happens with a machine I created (same OS). I have Microsoft EMET (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/2458544) on my machine. I’ve changed DEP settings to application opt in and I’ve also disabled EMET but the machine(s) keep crashing post login screen.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]Any idea?[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]This is a hardened machine (running windows 8.1 fully patched, having 16 GB RAM out of which 2 GB is given the virtual machine) and has lot of services disabled. Does VMware Workstation 11 require certain Microsoft services to function? I have not changes any settings such as enabled EXP on processor on the machine(s) i’ve created.[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px] [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]Thanks in advance,[/SIZE]
    [SIZE=14px]Parth[/SIZE]

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Don't leave your business open to attack! Come learn how to protect your AD in this FREE masterclass!REGISTER NOW - Thursday, December 2, 2021 @ 1 pm ET

Active Directory (AD) is leveraged by over 90% of enterprises worldwide as the authentication and authorization hub of their IT infrastructure—but its inherent complexity leaves it prone to misconfigurations that can allow attackers to slip into your network and wreak havoc. 

Join this session with Microsoft MVP and MCT Sander Berkouwer, who will explore:

• Whether you should upgrade your domain controllers to Windows Server
    2019 and beyond
  • Achieving mission impossible: updating DCs within 48 hours
  • How to disable legacy protocols and outdated compatibility options in
    Active Directory

Sponsored by: