View all users who was logged into particular computer during last day

Home Forums Scripting General Scripting View all users who was logged into particular computer during last day

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • igor7

I have Windows 2000 SP4 on a computer networked into a Windows 2003 AD network.
    Is there a way I can determine who was logged into this machine besides me during last 24 hours?
    I have tried Administrative Tools-Computer Management-Event Viewer-Security, and can sort by user,
    But – some of the users it lists make no sense, and the detail it lists when double-clicking on an event is gobbelty-gook to me…
    Sometime I’ve found useful utility PsLoggedOn, but it show only current logged in user. In additional I found powershell script:

$a = read-host “Please input computer name here”

$data = @()

$NetLogs = Get-WmiObject Win32_NetworkLoginProfile -ComputerName $a
    foreach ($NetLog in $NetLogs) {
    if ($NetLog.LastLogon -match “(d{14})”) {
    $row = “” | Select Name,LogonTime
    $row.Name = $NetLog.Name
    $row.LogonTime=[datetime]::ParseExact($matches[0], “yyyyMMddHHmmss”, $null)
    $data += $row
    }
    }
    $data[/CODE]

This script can retrive login info from remote computer, but still… somehow it show less info that I need…:

[IMG]http://forums.petri.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4813&stc=1&d=1305048670[/IMG]

I know that users make logon/logoff to all our computers at least twice in a day…
    Is there a better way to determine successful logins to this machine?
    Thank you in advance,
    Igor[CODE]
    $a = read-host “Please input computer name here”

$data = @()

$NetLogs = Get-WmiObject Win32_NetworkLoginProfile -ComputerName $a
    foreach ($NetLog in $NetLogs) {
    if ($NetLog.LastLogon -match “(d{14})”) {
    $row = “” | Select Name,LogonTime
    $row.Name = $NetLog.Name
    $row.LogonTime=[datetime]::ParseExact($matches[0], “yyyyMMddHHmmss”, $null)
    $data += $row
    }
    }
    $data[/CODE]

This script can retrive login info from remote computer, but still… somehow it show less info that I need…:

[IMG]http://forums.petri.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=4813&stc=1&d=1305048670[/IMG]

I know that users make logon/logoff to all our computers at least twice in a day…
    Is there a better way to determine successful logins to this machine?
    Thank you in advance,
    Igor

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

The World’s Most Comprehensive Teams to Teams Migration Checklist

Whether you have just started thinking about migration or have already begun to move, our Microsoft Teams Migration Checklist can help guide you through the different phases for a Teams migration to another tenant.

This detailed six-step guide will walk you through key decision points while also providing more prescriptive best practice recommendations where appropriate.

Discover key insights for the following phases of a Teams migration: 

• Discovery
  • Pilot
  • Planning
  • Communication
  • Execution
  • Validation

Sponsored by: