VBS to modify a start menu recent app shortcut

Home Forums Scripting General Scripting VBS to modify a start menu recent app shortcut

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    KodiaK

Hello all,

Does anybody know of a way to modify a recently opened program shortcut from Start Menu? I prefer a method through a vbs script.
    The situation is as follows: I have an application which has a shortcut AppShortcut v1. Now when the user runs this shortcut, Windows creates a shortcut directly in Start Menu for ease of access for that application.
    The problem is that when that application updates, the shortcut also modifies to AppShortcut v2. But in Start Menu, the recently opened program shortcut is still called AppShortcut v1.
    I have no idea where these kinds of shortcuts are stored, and i don’t know how to modify that shortcut so it points to the updated Application Shortcut.

The OS is Windows Server 2008 R2.

I know that a easy and quick way is to go to Start Menu/Programs and launch the updated shortcut, but it seems that the users are too lazy to do this, so i have to find a way to modify the recently used programs shortcut.

Thank you in advance.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.