Coming Soon: GET:IT Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET Coming Soon: GET:IT Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET

VBS Script To Create AD User "Home Drive"

Home Forums Scripting General Scripting VBS Script To Create AD User "Home Drive"

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • jmurphy1919

Evening,

I’m after a VBS script ( which i will run as a GPO/Logon ) that will create a folder on our fileserver in a certain directory for all active directory users. This will be then mapped to Z drive and the permissions locked to that user & Domain Admins

Currently im having to create the folder manually and then use GPO to map that drive i just want a script to create the folder for me automatically for all ( or now new ) users and set permissions

Folder names need to be the logon name (%Username%) ??
    directory is a network share on the file server
    //fileserver/users/

Permissions needs to be this user only to have full permissions and Domain Admins

folders currently in this directory need to be left alone and it only work for new users going forward.

anyone help/?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Live Webinar: Active Directory Security: What Needs Immediate Priority!Live on Tuesday, October 12th at 1 PM ET

Attacks on Active Directory are at an all-time high. Companies that are not taking heed are being punished, both monetarily and with loss of production.

In this webinar, you will learn:

• How to prioritize vulnerability management
  • What attackers are leveraging to breach organizations
  • Where Active Directory security needs immediate attention
  • Overall strategy to secure your environment and keep it secured

Sponsored by: