GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

VBS Mismatch Join

Home Forums Scripting General Scripting VBS Mismatch Join

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    mfsm2001

I ‘did’ a search for this and found some interesting answers but they don’t ‘seem’ to apply in my case. I’m running a 2003 AD Domain in the process of migrating to a new domain. On the new domain we will use VBS scripts that I have written and tested from both domains. The script works for most of the users but I ran across a user that gets a “Type Mismatch Join’ error for line 70 — the last statement in the following code is line 70. This user is one of the generic users that we have in the plant but the script works for other generic users.

This user is local administrator of the machine, and belongs to 2 groups in AD — those were the 2 suggestions I found on the forum. The other users that this script works for are not network administrators – only local admins of their machine.

All the mapping runs up to this point just as it should.
    any suggestions would be appreciated. I’m very new to VBS scripting and a lot of the script was cut/paste from a script used for OUs already in this new domain.

Set ADSysInfo = CreateObject(“ADSystemInfo”)
    Set CurrentUser = GetObject(“LDAP://” & ADSysInfo.UserName)
    strGroups = LCase(Join(CurrentUser.MemberOf))

Thanks,
    Mary
    :confused:

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.