Using Windows Error Reporting

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 2000 Pro, XP Pro Using Windows Error Reporting

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hi All,

Recently I’ve been getting these Windows Error messages that tell me an Error Report has been saved — always a .dmp and .exl file — after Windows recovers from a “serious error.” It always happens just after booting up and has been accompanied by other strange behavior such as random rebooting (rare) and infrequent boot failures (screen stays blank and no initial start-up “beep”).

This serious error occurred this morning and so I set out to find out just what could be possibly causing all of this. I googled and was led here! :) This looks like a place with a lot of knowledgable people so I thought someone might be able to point me in the right direction here?

I understand I might need a program to read the .dmp file, but I’m pretty sure I won’t be able to make much sense of it.

So I was wondering, in this situation, what would a person with a moderate degree of computer knowledge — not enough obviously to figure this out by myself — do to solve this problem?

Who would you go to?

edit: forgot to mention this is on a Win XP system…

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.