Using NIC Teaming and a virtual switch for Windows Server 2012 host networking!

Home Forums Virtualization Microsoft Hyper-V Technology Using NIC Teaming and a virtual switch for Windows Server 2012 host networking!

• This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by AvatarAnonymous.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    PJE

Hi thanks for reading a bit of both this one Hyper-v and Server. I am setting up a lab with Server 2012 R2. I have several physical network cards that I have teamed called “HostSwitchTeam” from those I have made several Virtual Network Adaptors such as:

New-VMSwitch “MgmtSwitch” -MinimumBandwidthMode weight -NetAdaptername “HostSwitchTeam” -AllowManagement $false
    Add-VMNetworkAdapter -ManagementOS -Name “Vswitch” -SwitchName “MgmtSwitch”[/CODE]

Ect….when I install Hyper-V and it comes to adding a virtual switch during installation it only shows the individual physical network cards and the [B]HostSwitchTeam[/B] for selection. When installed it shows the Microsoft Network Multiplexor Driver as the only option. Is this correct or how does one use a VMNetworkAdapter so the Vswitch can be applied to Hyper-v.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Paul[CODE]New-VMSwitch “MgmtSwitch” -MinimumBandwidthMode weight -NetAdaptername “HostSwitchTeam” -AllowManagement $false
    Add-VMNetworkAdapter -ManagementOS -Name “Vswitch” -SwitchName “MgmtSwitch”[/CODE]

Ect….when I install Hyper-V and it comes to adding a virtual switch during installation it only shows the individual physical network cards and the HostSwitchTeam for selection. When installed it shows the Microsoft Network Multiplexor Driver as the only option. Is this correct or how does one use a VMNetworkAdapter so the Vswitch can be applied to Hyper-v.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Paul

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.