Using Cisco Router To Route Host Instead Of Adding To Windows Host File

Home Forums Networking Cisco Routers & Switches How-to Using Cisco Router To Route Host Instead Of Adding To Windows Host File

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Kobe 310

I may have the topic wrong, not sure the right word to describe what I’m trying to do.

I have a site to site vpn set up in which computers on 1 side can ping server ip address on other side. But i need to be able to ping hostname of the server, and the only way i can do it is if I edit the host file on the computers. Is there something i can add in a cisco configuration to eliminate editing the host file. I was reading on Mapping Hostnames to IP Addresses, but I’m not sure if that’s the right thing. It has a step of entering in a port #.

I have cisco 1941, ASA 5510, ASA 5515. If there is a way, and someone could show me how to do, or lead me in the right direction on 1 of these, i should be able to figure out the others.

Also, i have a Cisco on one side, and Sophos UTM 320 on other. Would i have to do on both sides? Sophos on computer side. Hope not, cause then i’d have to figure out the Sophos.

Thanks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.