Users, Shares and Permissions

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 Users, Shares and Permissions

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Bob Goodman

I am setting up a new AD in a single server environment and have been following some on-line guides to populating my AD. I have created a “Resources” folder under my domain name and inside that folder have created subfolders for desktops, laptops, printers, users. I’ve setup the users with a “Profile Path” of “\serverusers%username%” and created a share on the d drive called “users”. The Share Permissions on the “users” file is set for the “Everyone” Group with Allow Full Control, Change, and Read checked. Since I did not create my users inside the default “Users” AD container does “Everyone” apply to my users inside my “Resources” container? I’ve tried adding my Users folder and even my Resources to the Group or User with no success. Am I correct in thinking “Everyone” doesn’t automatically include my Users folder? If so, what’s the syntax for adding them? I’ve tried each of the examples in Windows gives.

Thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.