I planing upgrade my functionaly level in Domain from Windows Server 2008 to Windows 2012 R2 , but I have a problem with Domain Controller :
1. First Domain Controller is name SRV and Install Windows Server 2008 Enterprise on HP Machine
2. Second Domain Controller is name SRV-B and Install Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard on Hyper-V Machine
3. Third Domain Controller is name SRV-RODC in branches on Hyper-V and have install Role RODC
I buy license to Windows Server 2012 R2 and install on Hyper-V Machine SRV-DC1 with new name nomenclature. I added SRV-DC1 to Domain Controller adprep
My question is :
1. Do I need upgrade funcion level Windows 2008 to Windows 2008 R2 before I starting upgrade funcion level to Windows 2012 R2 ?
2. Do I need first uninstall RODC on SRV-RODC in branches before I go upgrade to 2012 R2 ?
3. On SRV-B I have install role RADIUS to PC with connect in branches SRV-RODC – Do I need uninstall this role ?
4. On SRV is a Server Certyfication with some policy in GPO – Do I need renew this Certyficate from new SRV-DC1 when the forest will be up to 2012 R2 ?