Upgrade my functionaly level in Domain from Windows Server 2008 to Windows 2012 R2

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2012 / 2012 R2 Upgrade my functionaly level in Domain from Windows Server 2008 to Windows 2012 R2

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Steven_86

Hi,

It is my first poste on this forum.

I planing upgrade my functionaly level in Domain from Windows Server 2008 to Windows 2012 R2 , but I have a problem with Domain Controller :

1. First Domain Controller is name SRV and Install Windows Server 2008 Enterprise on HP Machine
    2. Second Domain Controller is name SRV-B and Install Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard on Hyper-V Machine
    3. Third Domain Controller is name SRV-RODC in branches on Hyper-V and have install Role RODC

I buy license to Windows Server 2012 R2 and install on Hyper-V Machine SRV-DC1 with new name nomenclature. I added SRV-DC1 to Domain Controller adprep

My question is :
    1. Do I need upgrade funcion level Windows 2008 to Windows 2008 R2 before I starting upgrade funcion level to Windows 2012 R2 ?
    2. Do I need first uninstall RODC on SRV-RODC in branches before I go upgrade to 2012 R2 ?
    3. On SRV-B I have install role RADIUS to PC with connect in branches SRV-RODC – Do I need uninstall this role ?
    4. On SRV is a Server Certyfication with some policy in GPO – Do I need renew this Certyficate from new SRV-DC1 when the forest will be up to 2012 R2 ?

Thx for answers.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.