Register for Semperis' Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Conference - June 30 - July 1 Register for Semperis' Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Conference - June 30 - July 1

Unknown Offline Disks

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • meelos

Might be more of a storage question, but figured I’d ask here first. Does anyone else get unknown offline disks in Windows 2008 R2 after they attach a lun?

I attached a single 3PAR lun to an HP DL360 server, it showed up and is online, but there’s 8 other ghost copies of unknown offline disks that show up and I don’t know why, or how to remove them. I can’t bring them online because they don’t actually exist. It’s like there’s an unknown disk showing up for each path or something.

I enabled MPIO feature and added the vendor info in the Add MPIO support area, rebooted, but those ghost disks remain.

Note: Strangely enough, I’ve noticed this on a Dell R710 server running Windows 2003 attached to an EMC VNX as well, so I’m thinking this is either a Windows thing, or a me thing (a setting I’m not aware of)

Just curious if anyone has experienced the same thing. Thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register for the Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Europe Conference!

Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Europe 2021 - Virtual Conference

Mobile workforces, cloud applications, and digitalization are changing every aspect of the modern enterprise. And with radical transformation come new business risks. Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) is the premier educational forum for identity-centric practitioners. At the inaugural HIP Europe, join your local IAM experts and Microsoft MVPs to learn all the latest from the Hybrid Identity world.