Might be more of a storage question, but figured I’d ask here first. Does anyone else get unknown offline disks in Windows 2008 R2 after they attach a lun?
I attached a single 3PAR lun to an HP DL360 server, it showed up and is online, but there’s 8 other ghost copies of unknown offline disks that show up and I don’t know why, or how to remove them. I can’t bring them online because they don’t actually exist. It’s like there’s an unknown disk showing up for each path or something.
I enabled MPIO feature and added the vendor info in the Add MPIO support area, rebooted, but those ghost disks remain.
Note: Strangely enough, I’ve noticed this on a Dell R710 server running Windows 2003 attached to an EMC VNX as well, so I’m thinking this is either a Windows thing, or a me thing (a setting I’m not aware of)
Just curious if anyone has experienced the same thing. Thanks.