uninstall exchange failing-just want to verify my ideas

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 uninstall exchange failing-just want to verify my ideas

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    badkarma

ok we have/had Exchange 2003 running on a DC (bad idea, i know). my goal has been to move to a new server, uninstall exchange from original server and demote it and use it for other purposes. end result will be exchange running solo on its own server.

i now have exchange running on a new server (non-DC) and followed steps in kb 822931. things work great.

however, now that i am trying to unisntall Exchange from the original server and i get the following error:

The component “Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services” cannot be assigned the action “Remove” because: -one or more users currently use a mailbox store on this server. These users must be moved to a mailbox store on a different server or be mail disabled before uninstalling this server.

The only mailboxes in the Store are:
    SMTP size 0kb
    System Attendant size 0kb
    SystemMailbox size 361kb

All mailboxes have been moved, but I know that not everyone has used Outlook since I have moved the mailbox (we have staff that does not use email often, if at all). i know that outlook will automatically configure to the new server as long as both are running.
    would this be the reason for the message? is there something i am missing?

Thanks!

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.