undeletable virus

Home Forums Other Misc undeletable virus

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Master Moron

I hope I’m posting this in the right folder. My problem is that I think I have either a virus or spyware located in Local Settings/Temp/Temporary Internet Files/Content.IE5/1ZIKSXQP

When I click on Content.IE5 in the left panel of Windows Explorer it shows four folders in the right hand panel of the screen, including 1ZIKSXQP. If I try to do anything to access these four folders I get an error message and Windows explorer shuts down. The error message says “Explorer.exe has generated errors and will be closed by Windows. You will need to restart the program. An error log is being created.” This error message appears whether I try to open these four folders from the right panel of Windows Explorer or whether I try to double click on the Content.IE5 folder from the left panel. Even if I try to simply delete the entire Content.IE5 folder I get the same error message.

The anti-virus programs and anti-spyware programs that I have tried seem to do one of two things in relation to this folder. Either they run without detecting any viruses or spyware or as soon as they get to the Content.IE5 folder I get an error message and the program closes. The results are the same in safe mode.

I have tried the method of killing explorer.exe and deleting the file from the Command Prompt, but it does not work. When I type in DEL Content.IE5 it asks me if I’m sure. If I type yes then the Command Prompt immediately closes. If I type in “cd 1ZIKSXQP” and then “dir 1ZIKSXQP” the Command Prompt also immediately closes. The results are the same if I try doing this in safe mode.

I have also tried using the Unlocker program, but I have been unsuccessful with that as well. When I use it it displays two locked paths. The first one is for the process Unlocker.exe. This path locked is to the 1ZIKSXQP folder. This is the reason why I believe the virus or spyware is in this folder. Prior to this time I was not sure which of the four folders the virus or spyware was located. Anyway, the second locked path is Explorer.exe and the path locked is to the Content.IE5 folder. Anyway, if I click “unlock all” it doesn’t seem to do anything. If I try to double click the Content.IE5 folder or delete it I still receive the Program Error message. However, in addition I also receive a message that says “Dr. Watson is unable to attach to the process. It is possible that the program exited before Dr. Watson could attach to it. Windows 2000 returned error code = 2 The system cannot find the file specified.”

Any help on getting rid of this would be appreciated.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.