GET-IT: TEAMS DAY | 1-Day Free Virtual Conference all about Teams. Here on Petri.com - 8/12/20 GET-IT: TEAMS DAY - 8/12/20

Unable to login to Windows XP – User Accounts & Password Prompt box is missing

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 2000 Pro, XP Pro Unable to login to Windows XP – User Accounts & Password Prompt box is missing

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    mmelchert830

Hey all,

I am new to this forum, however i have encountered an issue with one of the netbooks in our office and this forum was suggested to me. So at that I would like to thank everyone in advance for any advice they may send my way.

The Problem
    Today one of the ladies in my office brought me her computer with an issue that i can’t for the life of me figure out. Her ACER AspireOne Netbook seems to have lost its ability to provide user accounts and password prompt.

The netbook is running Windows XP Home edition, and upon start-up it appears to be functioning normally as it should. However, after the welcome page with the scrolling bar, when it should prompt the user for a password, the screen only shows the windows XP logo and no dialog box or user accounts.

I have tried running in safe mode at which point the computer will show you the desktop shortly before then bringing you back to the page where the login should be.

I have also tried restoring the computer to the last working settings however it still continues to bring me to the user account / password screen (which lacks the presence of a dialog box).

I feel at a loss not being able to get windows started and attacking the issues from inside, I feel that i have been locked out of my own house. Ahhh :?:

Making matters more difficult is that the ACER AspireOne Netbook does not have a CD-ROM.

Is there anybody out there who may have any suggestions or may have expereinced a similar issue through there own travels??

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.