2021 Annual Petri Reader Survey - We want to know what's important to you! 2021 Annual Petri Reader Survey - We want to know what's important to you!

Two Scopes on One Subnet & MAC Filtering

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services DHCP Two Scopes on One Subnet & MAC Filtering

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • 1sae

Hi, I’m running a small office using the subnet 192.168.1.0/24. We’re adding voip phones so I think I may be close to running out of ip’s if customers are using the wifi. I know I can expand the subnet but I want to have the phones on 192.168.4.0/24. Since I only have one router (simple DD-WRT) and Windows 2008 dhcp server I thought I could do this:

Win2008 DHCP scope1: 192.168.0.0/21 range 192.168.1.50-254 for pc’s and wifi.
    I would use a filter on the phone mac addresses so the don’t join this range.
    Scope2: 192.168.0.0/21 range 192.168.4.10-254 and I would only allow the phone macs.

I guess you guys know windows wont let me have 2 scopes on the same subnet. I could have two /24 subnets, but they couldn’t communicate with each other and the gateway would only be on one.

What is the best way to setup what I want?

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Register for the Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Europe Conference!

Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) Europe 2021 - Virtual Conference

Mobile workforces, cloud applications, and digitalization are changing every aspect of the modern enterprise. And with radical transformation come new business risks. Hybrid Identity Protection (HIP) is the premier educational forum for identity-centric practitioners. At the inaugural HIP Europe, join your local IAM experts and Microsoft MVPs to learn all the latest from the Hybrid Identity world.