Two-factor authentication for Active Directory?

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services Active Directory Two-factor authentication for Active Directory?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    IT Infosec Girl
    Participant

Any recommendations on which 2FA solution to use to protect Active Directory logins?

Libers
    Libers
    Participant

I think the ideal solution for 2fa of users using Active Directory is adfs authentication , which generates a one-time password using tokens of various security levels. This approach is also very relevant when using a single password in the form of adfs sso which also ensures the reliability of all users.

IT Infosec Girl
    Participant

Hi Libers, thanks for your answer. I had not heard of them, I’ll have a look.
    We are currently trying Duo and UserLock.

Pistle
    Participant

In infrastructure, there are different types of authentication protocols been used. Active Directory uses Kerberos version 5 as authentication protocol in order to provide authentication between server and client. Kerberos v5 became default authentication protocol for windows server from windows server 2003. It is an open standard and it provides interoperability with other systems which uses same standards.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.