Trying to make shortcuts on desk

Home Forums Scripting DOS Command Shell Trying to make shortcuts on desk

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Hello

Not sure where to post this so sorry if in wrong place

Thank you for reading my post. I am brand new to scripting so my apologies if this is rather basic – But everyone starts somewhere.

We are running Windows 7 desktop on a 2003 Enterprise domain.
    I need to copy some short cuts files (eod8 extension) to the start menu under “All Programs” in a folder called “EOD”. The users must be able to save and open the shortcuts (so using the All Users folder did not work since a standard user can’t save to that location) So I am copying the files to the local user profile.

My Script

Code:
    [B][I]setlocal[/I][/B]
    [B][I]set Installpath=%~dp0[/I][/B]
    [B][I]mkdir “C:Users%username%AppDataRoamingMicrosoftWindowsStart MenuProgramsEOD”[/I][/B]
    [B][I]echo “No” | xcopy “%Installpath%*.eod8” “C:Users%username%AppDataRoamingMicrosoftWindowsStart MenuProgramsEOD” /d[/I][/B]
    [B][I]ENDLOCAL[/I][/B]
    [B][I]Timeout /T 1 [/I][/B]

When I run the script locally it works – When I deploy through SCCM It fails
    “Unable to find the file *.eod8” – What I have noticed is that If I go to C:WindowsccmcacheXX
    And edit then close the script file (no change has been made) it works through the Software Center

From my limited knowledge I think my issue could be with the locationpath of my script

Thanks for your advice

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.