Coming Soon: GET:IT Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET Coming Soon: GET:IT Endpoint Management 1-Day Conference on September 28th at 9:30 AM ET

Trouble Replicating Hyper-v

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2019 Trouble Replicating Hyper-v

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

I have server 2019 as Vmhost1 and I have a server 2016 as FHC-backup.

The issue I’m having is using the replication feature in Hyperv from server 2019 to server 2016.  I can ping, telnet, to all available ports from server to server.  I can create a new VM on the 2016 server and replicate that to VMhost1 (server 2019).  But not the opposite way.  I cannot seem to replicate from server 2019 to server 2016?

Error I get is Hyper-V failed to enable replication. FaILED TO ENABLE REPLICATION FOR vIRTUAL MACHINE “WEBSERVER” (0X80048016)

bradleyvp
    Participant

Any resolution on this, i am having this exact problem now too!

bradleyvp
    Participant

Figured it out. The 2019 server creates VM’s using config version 9.0, which cannot be replicated to an older version of HyperV like 2016 or 2012.
    Guess i have to create a second HyperV host at this location running 2019 so i can replicate VM’s with config version 9.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Live Webinar: Active Directory Security: What Needs Immediate Priority!Live on Tuesday, October 12th at 1 PM ET

Attacks on Active Directory are at an all-time high. Companies that are not taking heed are being punished, both monetarily and with loss of production.

In this webinar, you will learn:

• How to prioritize vulnerability management
  • What attackers are leveraging to breach organizations
  • Where Active Directory security needs immediate attention
  • Overall strategy to secure your environment and keep it secured

Sponsored by: