Tray Notification problem

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 2000 Pro, XP Pro Tray Notification problem

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    grayeagle

Hello World,

I am using winXP Pro and I have two problems, both related to Tray Notifications. On the “Taskbar and Start Menu” Properties/ Taskbar tab. (right-click Taskbar, select Properties):

1 – “Hide inactive icons” is checked and I can’t uncheck it. When I uncheck “Hide inactive icons” checkbox and press “Apply” or “Save” then close and reopen the window the check mark returns.

2 – The “Customize Notification” window is empty. When I push the “Customize” button on the Taskbar tab it opens the “Customize Notifications” window but the textbox is always empty.

In “Custom Notifications” I have tried pushing “Restore Defaults” without any success. I have been to the registry key “HKEY_CURRENT_USERSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionExplorerTrayNotify” and compared it to a properly running machine and they were identical.

I have been to the MS Knowledgebase and posted the question on two Help newsgroups and haven’t gotten a solution. One person helpfully pointed me to his utility, “Taskbar Repair Tool Plus”, but it didn’t have a applicable action – no help again.

Any ideas on how I can recover control of my Notification area?

— grayeagle

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.