translating security with admt v2

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services Active Directory translating security with admt v2

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    fiyona

i am migrating member servers ( both NT and win2000 ) from nt to ad 2003. I am using with ADMT v2. I have one problem. My first scenerio is that i can only perform security translation when i log on to DC, which DOES not hold pdc emulator with the AD domain admin account, and everything works fine. I migrated the server, then run security translation wizard with add option and finally with the remove option.

But in scond scenerio ; when i log on to DC ,which holds PDC emulator role, with the source domainadministrator account, it doesnt translate security on migrated servers. it doesnt give any error message but when i checked the ACL on the migrated member server, i can not see second entry that should be there since i have chosen add option in the security translation wizard, which i am having in first scenerio

Basically , what i have is just opposite to what should be. ( as for admt V3, everything is as it shoud be )

what is the thing i am not seeing. this doent make sense

thanks.

Fiyona

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.