Transfer Hosts to New Server Without the Old Server working.

Home Forums Virtualization VMware Virtualization Transfer Hosts to New Server Without the Old Server working.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • shadragon

Here’s our situation.

Our VSphere 5.1 server hardware has been damaged beyond repair and the HD’s are toast. The person responsible for backing up the server failed to do so and there are no viable backups. There are three hosts on the old server and all the VM’s under them are still running, but I cannot connect using the old server.

I have installed a new 5.1 VSphere server (which has an empty database) on different hardware and need to transfer all three existing hosts from the dead server to the new one.

How can I do this? Thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

External Sharing and Guest User Access in Microsoft 365 and Teams

This eBook will dive into policy considerations you need to make when creating and managing guest user access to your Teams network, as well as the different layers of guest access and the common challenges that accompany a more complicated Microsoft 365 infrastructure.

You will learn:

• Who should be allowed to be invited as a guest?
  • What type of guests should be able to access files in SharePoint and OneDrive?
  • How should guests be offboarded?
  • How should you determine who has access to sensitive information in your environment?

Sponsored by: