Transaction logs don’t flush after full backup

Home Forums Messaging Software Exchange 2000 / 2003 Transaction logs don’t flush after full backup

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    stylus277

Hello, I was called in over the weekend because our email was down. After some research I found that the C:drive was full 0 bytes free. After some searching and I found that he exchange transaction logs were taking up about 7GB of space, and then later I found that the “C:System Volume Informationcatalog.wci” was taking about 9GB.

I manually moved the transaction logs over to the F: drive and rebooted, I gained that space plus an additional 2.5 – 3GB with the reboot. I manually moved the transaction logs back and ran a full information store backup with Backup Exec. 10

This did not flush the logs, so not knowing any better I did a second backup which included the information store, and the c:Program FilesExchsrvrMDBDATA folder. Still did not flush the logs.

I dismounted the store and changed the storage path to the F:drive and allowed exchange to move the files. After that completed I ran a full backup of the information store. While that was running I stumbled across the catalog.wci folder so I shut off the indexing service and deleted the whole directory then restarted the index service.

My daily backup of exchange is full database, differential on mailbox’s. My weekly is full on both. My transaction logs date back to 1/27 (almost 3 weeks now).

We are running sbs2003 standard. Thanks for any advice in advance

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.