What if I sent all my outgoing email via TLS using Exchange 2003?
I believe the way Exchange 2003 SMTP conncetors work are as follows:
TLS to TLS
1. My connector tries to TLS to Tyler’s TLS connector
2. Tyler’s connector has the StartTLS verb so Tyler’s connector accepts my conncetion and email flows.
TLS to SMTP
1. My connector tries to TLS to Marla’s SMTP connector
2. Marla’s connector does not have the StartTLS verb so Marla’s connector terminates my conncetion.
3. My connector reverts to SMTP, retries the the same email and email flows.
Is this correct?
Also, for TLS to SMTP, I’m guessing that for the most part, steps 2 and 3 take a negligible amount of time. Is that correct?