This error only happens to me in Winshit 10.

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 10 This error only happens to me in Winshit 10.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • biggles77

[B]ReadResponse() failed: The server did not return a complete response for this request. Server returned 0 bytes[/B][/CODE]

I have Googled this so may times that my fingernails will not need cuting for the next 3 or 4 years. Sometimes there is an app name in the () brackets but usually not. When this happens, all FOUR web browsers stop returning results. IE11 sometimes returns a message about the TLS settings are wrong; [B][COLOR=#FF0000]image is below[/COLOR][/B]. While everything went offline again I got a new error message on the blank Google page. Image is also below. I can successfully PING the IP. I can successfully PING the URL and get returns but if I put the IP or the URL into the browser windows, my frenemy above pops in to say howdy. It also stops incoming and outgoing emails as well. I initially thought is was DNS issue but clearing the Cache and Flushing DNS didn’t do diddly.

This is a new laptop. A Dell Inspiron 15 5570 with incredible specs except for the pathetic 1×1 Wi-Fi but a stupendous [B]40%[/B] discount. Unfortunately I got cunt struck ([SIZE=10px]sorry but I can’t think of a better description due to my drug inhibited/restricted vocabulary[/SIZE]) by the specs and discount and forgot to look at what version(s) of Linux it supported coz I do NOT want Winshit 10 on my machine. NO LINUX DRIVERS, [B]thanks [/B]Dell. May be my first and last Dell purchase. (I usually buy Lenovo [don’t laugh] and have never had an issue with my personal machines or the hundreds, if not thousands that I have deployed and supported). I have Factory Defaulted this incredibly speced machine 4 bloody times now and even took time to space out the software installs to see if I had something clashing. I can’t find what is causing this. There is NOTHING in the Event Viewer except for a single entry that was there during the initial build on 27 Dec 2017 and does not appear to be related (though I could always be wrong). This appears to be a driver issue that I am unable to find a resolution for even on the Dell Support site. It has filled the System Event Log even though I have tripled it to [B]60GB[/B] instead of the default [B]20480MB[/B] but this Event ID:17 still fills the Log. The highlighted line was caused by me typing the SHARE that I was mapping to incorrectly. (Which adds another weird one. I can manually map a drive to a non local SHARE but they will not map via a simple .bat script) That one will be added to a different Topic when I get pissed off enough.

​ [ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:”Click image for larger version Name:ta-dell-driver-furcup.png Views:t1 Size:t201.6 KB ID:t516218″,”data-align”:”none”,”data-attachmentid”:”516218″,”data-size”:”medium”}[/ATTACH] Event ID: 17 error. ​ [ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:”Click image for larger version Name:tevent-id-17.png Views:t1 Size:t87.8 KB ID:t516219″,”data-align”:”none”,”data-attachmentid”:”516219″,”data-size”:”medium”}[/ATTACH]
    The only way I can regain any browser control is to reboot the machine. Also find that if I try and use Duckduckgo.com as my default home page it will not open on Chrome, IE11 (I think I tried Edge) but it does work on Firefox however once the first line of this post appears, it no longer works in Firefox either.
    I have worked with the default host. file and also with one that has 13,815 lines that includes 300 odd that try to cause Winshit 10 telemetry to have a bad day. I have excluded this as the problem otherwise thousands of users would have supplied feedback to the source. I have used this modified [B]hosts.[/B] file for the past 2 years on Windows 7 and haven’t had any issues with it. If anyone is interested, you can find it here [B][URL]https://club.myce.com/t/hosts-file/311341/530[/URL][/B] (no TinyURL of hidden in a hyperlink so you can decide if it is safe for yourself though I hope my post count would imply some trust for the content :mrgreen: ) I guess there are other sites out there with similar modified [B]hosts.[/B] files but I trust this one.

[ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:”Click image for larger version Name:twinshit-10-tls-supposed-error – 32bit.png Views:t1 Size:t40.8 KB ID:t516194″,”data-align”:”none”,”data-attachmentid”:”516194″,”data-size”:”medium”}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:”Click image for larger version Name:tpoxy-service-not-responding.png Views:t1 Size:t42.5 KB ID:t516195″,”data-align”:”none”,”data-attachmentid”:”516195″,”data-size”:”medium”}[/ATTACH] I don’t have a proxy service running on this network AND it also isn’t one of the entries in the [B]host. [/B]file that I use.

So, when the browsers stop me from getting Internet access, I have to open a Virtual Machine this has been installed in Hyper-V that has been added to this Winshit 10 machine and get my browsing fix from a Windows 7 VM on Winshit 10’s Hyper-V. How bloody weird is that. Sorry but this post is a mess due to the 3 dropouts while trying to post. I’ll have a go at making it coherent once the meds have worn down to a workable level.

Basically though, what or why is this, [B]ReadResponse() failed: The server did not return a complete response for this request. Server returned 0 bytes [/B]happening and do the images supply any clues to the WHY? I need to post on Dell Forums and see how to resolve the Even ID: 17 issue to rule that out of being part of the problem.

Just has another weird one when I obtained the proxy server screenshot. I went to the Connections Page in IE to see if there was by some chance a Proxy Setting installed. Maybe Starman hacked me from Musk’s Tesla while in orbit but I came across this. Bear in mine that I am logged on as an Administrator, I had right clicked and [B]Run as administrator[/B] from the icon that I open IE11 from yet I still have no access to check the LAN Setting because [I]Some [U]settings[/U] are [/I][I]managed by your system administrator[/I]. [B]WTF?[/B]

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:”none”,”data-size”:”medium”,”data-attachmentid”:516220}[/ATTACH][CODE]ReadResponse() failed: The server did not return a complete response for this request. Server returned 0 bytes[/CODE]

I have Googled this so may times that my fingernails will not need cuting for the next 3 or 4 years. Sometimes there is an app name in the () brackets but usually not. When this happens, all FOUR web browsers stop returning results. IE11 sometimes returns a message about the TLS settings are wrong; image is below. While everything went offline again I got a new error message on the blank Google page. Image is also below. I can successfully PING the IP. I can successfully PING the URL and get returns but if I put the IP or the URL into the browser windows, my frenemy above pops in to say howdy. It also stops incoming and outgoing emails as well. I initially thought is was DNS issue but clearing the Cache and Flushing DNS didn’t do diddly.

This is a new laptop. A Dell Inspiron 15 5570 with incredible specs except for the pathetic 1×1 Wi-Fi but a stupendous 40% discount. Unfortunately I got cunt struck ([SIZE=10px]sorry but I can’t think of a better description due to my drug inhibited/restricted vocabulary[/SIZE]) by the specs and discount and forgot to look at what version(s) of Linux it supported coz I do NOT want Winshit 10 on my machine. NO LINUX DRIVERS, thanks Dell. May be my first and last Dell purchase. (I usually buy Lenovo [don’t laugh] and have never had an issue with my personal machines or the hundreds, if not thousands that I have deployed and supported). I have Factory Defaulted this incredibly speced machine 4 bloody times now and even took time to space out the software installs to see if I had something clashing. I can’t find what is causing this. There is NOTHING in the Event Viewer except for a single entry that was there during the initial build on 27 Dec 2017 and does not appear to be related (though I could always be wrong). This appears to be a driver issue that I am unable to find a resolution for even on the Dell Support site. It has filled the System Event Log even though I have tripled it to 60GB instead of the default 20480MB but this Event ID:17 still fills the Log. The highlighted line was caused by me typing the SHARE that I was mapping to incorrectly. (Which adds another weird one. I can manually map a drive to a non local SHARE but they will not map via a simple .bat script) That one will be added to a different Topic when I get pissed off enough.

​ [ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:”Click image for larger version Name:ta-dell-driver-furcup.png Views:t1 Size:t201.6 KB ID:t516218″,”data-align”:”none”,”data-attachmentid”:”516218″,”data-size”:”medium”}[/ATTACH] Event ID: 17 error. ​ [ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:”Click image for larger version Name:tevent-id-17.png Views:t1 Size:t87.8 KB ID:t516219″,”data-align”:”none”,”data-attachmentid”:”516219″,”data-size”:”medium”}[/ATTACH]
    The only way I can regain any browser control is to reboot the machine. Also find that if I try and use Duckduckgo.com as my default home page it will not open on Chrome, IE11 (I think I tried Edge) but it does work on Firefox however once the first line of this post appears, it no longer works in Firefox either.
    I have worked with the default host. file and also with one that has 13,815 lines that includes 300 odd that try to cause Winshit 10 telemetry to have a bad day. I have excluded this as the problem otherwise thousands of users would have supplied feedback to the source. I have used this modified hosts. file for the past 2 years on Windows 7 and haven’t had any issues with it. If anyone is interested, you can find it here https://club.myce.com/t/hosts-file/311341/530 (no TinyURL of hidden in a hyperlink so you can decide if it is safe for yourself though I hope my post count would imply some trust for the content :mrgreen: ) I guess there are other sites out there with similar modified hosts. files but I trust this one.

[ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:”Click image for larger version Name:twinshit-10-tls-supposed-error – 32bit.png Views:t1 Size:t40.8 KB ID:t516194″,”data-align”:”none”,”data-attachmentid”:”516194″,”data-size”:”medium”}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:”Click image for larger version Name:tpoxy-service-not-responding.png Views:t1 Size:t42.5 KB ID:t516195″,”data-align”:”none”,”data-attachmentid”:”516195″,”data-size”:”medium”}[/ATTACH] I don’t have a proxy service running on this network AND it also isn’t one of the entries in the host. file that I use.

So, when the browsers stop me from getting Internet access, I have to open a Virtual Machine this has been installed in Hyper-V that has been added to this Winshit 10 machine and get my browsing fix from a Windows 7 VM on Winshit 10’s Hyper-V. How bloody weird is that. Sorry but this post is a mess due to the 3 dropouts while trying to post. I’ll have a go at making it coherent once the meds have worn down to a workable level.

Basically though, what or why is this, ReadResponse() failed: The server did not return a complete response for this request. Server returned 0 bytes happening and do the images supply any clues to the WHY? I need to post on Dell Forums and see how to resolve the Even ID: 17 issue to rule that out of being part of the problem.

Just has another weird one when I obtained the proxy server screenshot. I went to the Connections Page in IE to see if there was by some chance a Proxy Setting installed. Maybe Starman hacked me from Musk’s Tesla while in orbit but I came across this. Bear in mine that I am logged on as an Administrator, I had right clicked and Run as administrator from the icon that I open IE11 from yet I still have no access to check the LAN Setting because Some settings are managed by your system administrator. WTF?

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:”none”,”data-size”:”medium”,”data-attachmentid”:516220}[/ATTACH]

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Don't leave your business open to attack! Come learn how to protect your AD in this FREE masterclass!REGISTER NOW - Thursday, December 2, 2021 @ 1 pm ET

Active Directory (AD) is leveraged by over 90% of enterprises worldwide as the authentication and authorization hub of their IT infrastructure—but its inherent complexity leaves it prone to misconfigurations that can allow attackers to slip into your network and wreak havoc. 

Join this session with Microsoft MVP and MCT Sander Berkouwer, who will explore:

• Whether you should upgrade your domain controllers to Windows Server
    2019 and beyond
  • Achieving mission impossible: updating DCs within 48 hours
  • How to disable legacy protocols and outdated compatibility options in
    Active Directory

Sponsored by: