This error only happens to me in Winshit 10.

Home Forums Client Operating Systems Windows 10 This error only happens to me in Winshit 10.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    biggles77

[B]ReadResponse() failed: The server did not return a complete response for this request. Server returned 0 bytes[/B][/CODE]

I have Googled this so may times that my fingernails will not need cuting for the next 3 or 4 years. Sometimes there is an app name in the () brackets but usually not. When this happens, all FOUR web browsers stop returning results. IE11 sometimes returns a message about the TLS settings are wrong; [B][COLOR=#FF0000]image is below[/COLOR][/B]. While everything went offline again I got a new error message on the blank Google page. Image is also below. I can successfully PING the IP. I can successfully PING the URL and get returns but if I put the IP or the URL into the browser windows, my frenemy above pops in to say howdy. It also stops incoming and outgoing emails as well. I initially thought is was DNS issue but clearing the Cache and Flushing DNS didn’t do diddly.

This is a new laptop. A Dell Inspiron 15 5570 with incredible specs except for the pathetic 1×1 Wi-Fi but a stupendous [B]40%[/B] discount. Unfortunately I got cunt struck ([SIZE=10px]sorry but I can’t think of a better description due to my drug inhibited/restricted vocabulary[/SIZE]) by the specs and discount and forgot to look at what version(s) of Linux it supported coz I do NOT want Winshit 10 on my machine. NO LINUX DRIVERS, [B]thanks [/B]Dell. May be my first and last Dell purchase. (I usually buy Lenovo [don’t laugh] and have never had an issue with my personal machines or the hundreds, if not thousands that I have deployed and supported). I have Factory Defaulted this incredibly speced machine 4 bloody times now and even took time to space out the software installs to see if I had something clashing. I can’t find what is causing this. There is NOTHING in the Event Viewer except for a single entry that was there during the initial build on 27 Dec 2017 and does not appear to be related (though I could always be wrong). This appears to be a driver issue that I am unable to find a resolution for even on the Dell Support site. It has filled the System Event Log even though I have tripled it to [B]60GB[/B] instead of the default [B]20480MB[/B] but this Event ID:17 still fills the Log. The highlighted line was caused by me typing the SHARE that I was mapping to incorrectly. (Which adds another weird one. I can manually map a drive to a non local SHARE but they will not map via a simple .bat script) That one will be added to a different Topic when I get pissed off enough.

​ [ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:”Click image for larger version Name:ta-dell-driver-furcup.png Views:t1 Size:t201.6 KB ID:t516218″,”data-align”:”none”,”data-attachmentid”:”516218″,”data-size”:”medium”}[/ATTACH] Event ID: 17 error. ​ [ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:”Click image for larger version Name:tevent-id-17.png Views:t1 Size:t87.8 KB ID:t516219″,”data-align”:”none”,”data-attachmentid”:”516219″,”data-size”:”medium”}[/ATTACH]
    The only way I can regain any browser control is to reboot the machine. Also find that if I try and use Duckduckgo.com as my default home page it will not open on Chrome, IE11 (I think I tried Edge) but it does work on Firefox however once the first line of this post appears, it no longer works in Firefox either.
    I have worked with the default host. file and also with one that has 13,815 lines that includes 300 odd that try to cause Winshit 10 telemetry to have a bad day. I have excluded this as the problem otherwise thousands of users would have supplied feedback to the source. I have used this modified [B]hosts.[/B] file for the past 2 years on Windows 7 and haven’t had any issues with it. If anyone is interested, you can find it here [B][URL]https://club.myce.com/t/hosts-file/311341/530[/URL][/B] (no TinyURL of hidden in a hyperlink so you can decide if it is safe for yourself though I hope my post count would imply some trust for the content :mrgreen: ) I guess there are other sites out there with similar modified [B]hosts.[/B] files but I trust this one.

[ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:”Click image for larger version Name:twinshit-10-tls-supposed-error – 32bit.png Views:t1 Size:t40.8 KB ID:t516194″,”data-align”:”none”,”data-attachmentid”:”516194″,”data-size”:”medium”}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:”Click image for larger version Name:tpoxy-service-not-responding.png Views:t1 Size:t42.5 KB ID:t516195″,”data-align”:”none”,”data-attachmentid”:”516195″,”data-size”:”medium”}[/ATTACH] I don’t have a proxy service running on this network AND it also isn’t one of the entries in the [B]host. [/B]file that I use.

So, when the browsers stop me from getting Internet access, I have to open a Virtual Machine this has been installed in Hyper-V that has been added to this Winshit 10 machine and get my browsing fix from a Windows 7 VM on Winshit 10’s Hyper-V. How bloody weird is that. Sorry but this post is a mess due to the 3 dropouts while trying to post. I’ll have a go at making it coherent once the meds have worn down to a workable level.

Basically though, what or why is this, [B]ReadResponse() failed: The server did not return a complete response for this request. Server returned 0 bytes [/B]happening and do the images supply any clues to the WHY? I need to post on Dell Forums and see how to resolve the Even ID: 17 issue to rule that out of being part of the problem.

Just has another weird one when I obtained the proxy server screenshot. I went to the Connections Page in IE to see if there was by some chance a Proxy Setting installed. Maybe Starman hacked me from Musk’s Tesla while in orbit but I came across this. Bear in mine that I am logged on as an Administrator, I had right clicked and [B]Run as administrator[/B] from the icon that I open IE11 from yet I still have no access to check the LAN Setting because [I]Some [U]settings[/U] are [/I][I]managed by your system administrator[/I]. [B]WTF?[/B]

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:”none”,”data-size”:”medium”,”data-attachmentid”:516220}[/ATTACH][CODE]ReadResponse() failed: The server did not return a complete response for this request. Server returned 0 bytes[/CODE]

I have Googled this so may times that my fingernails will not need cuting for the next 3 or 4 years. Sometimes there is an app name in the () brackets but usually not. When this happens, all FOUR web browsers stop returning results. IE11 sometimes returns a message about the TLS settings are wrong; image is below. While everything went offline again I got a new error message on the blank Google page. Image is also below. I can successfully PING the IP. I can successfully PING the URL and get returns but if I put the IP or the URL into the browser windows, my frenemy above pops in to say howdy. It also stops incoming and outgoing emails as well. I initially thought is was DNS issue but clearing the Cache and Flushing DNS didn’t do diddly.

This is a new laptop. A Dell Inspiron 15 5570 with incredible specs except for the pathetic 1×1 Wi-Fi but a stupendous 40% discount. Unfortunately I got cunt struck ([SIZE=10px]sorry but I can’t think of a better description due to my drug inhibited/restricted vocabulary[/SIZE]) by the specs and discount and forgot to look at what version(s) of Linux it supported coz I do NOT want Winshit 10 on my machine. NO LINUX DRIVERS, thanks Dell. May be my first and last Dell purchase. (I usually buy Lenovo [don’t laugh] and have never had an issue with my personal machines or the hundreds, if not thousands that I have deployed and supported). I have Factory Defaulted this incredibly speced machine 4 bloody times now and even took time to space out the software installs to see if I had something clashing. I can’t find what is causing this. There is NOTHING in the Event Viewer except for a single entry that was there during the initial build on 27 Dec 2017 and does not appear to be related (though I could always be wrong). This appears to be a driver issue that I am unable to find a resolution for even on the Dell Support site. It has filled the System Event Log even though I have tripled it to 60GB instead of the default 20480MB but this Event ID:17 still fills the Log. The highlighted line was caused by me typing the SHARE that I was mapping to incorrectly. (Which adds another weird one. I can manually map a drive to a non local SHARE but they will not map via a simple .bat script) That one will be added to a different Topic when I get pissed off enough.

​ [ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:”Click image for larger version Name:ta-dell-driver-furcup.png Views:t1 Size:t201.6 KB ID:t516218″,”data-align”:”none”,”data-attachmentid”:”516218″,”data-size”:”medium”}[/ATTACH] Event ID: 17 error. ​ [ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:”Click image for larger version Name:tevent-id-17.png Views:t1 Size:t87.8 KB ID:t516219″,”data-align”:”none”,”data-attachmentid”:”516219″,”data-size”:”medium”}[/ATTACH]
    The only way I can regain any browser control is to reboot the machine. Also find that if I try and use Duckduckgo.com as my default home page it will not open on Chrome, IE11 (I think I tried Edge) but it does work on Firefox however once the first line of this post appears, it no longer works in Firefox either.
    I have worked with the default host. file and also with one that has 13,815 lines that includes 300 odd that try to cause Winshit 10 telemetry to have a bad day. I have excluded this as the problem otherwise thousands of users would have supplied feedback to the source. I have used this modified hosts. file for the past 2 years on Windows 7 and haven’t had any issues with it. If anyone is interested, you can find it here https://club.myce.com/t/hosts-file/311341/530 (no TinyURL of hidden in a hyperlink so you can decide if it is safe for yourself though I hope my post count would imply some trust for the content :mrgreen: ) I guess there are other sites out there with similar modified hosts. files but I trust this one.

[ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:”Click image for larger version Name:twinshit-10-tls-supposed-error – 32bit.png Views:t1 Size:t40.8 KB ID:t516194″,”data-align”:”none”,”data-attachmentid”:”516194″,”data-size”:”medium”}[/ATTACH][ATTACH=JSON]{“alt”:”Click image for larger version Name:tpoxy-service-not-responding.png Views:t1 Size:t42.5 KB ID:t516195″,”data-align”:”none”,”data-attachmentid”:”516195″,”data-size”:”medium”}[/ATTACH] I don’t have a proxy service running on this network AND it also isn’t one of the entries in the host. file that I use.

So, when the browsers stop me from getting Internet access, I have to open a Virtual Machine this has been installed in Hyper-V that has been added to this Winshit 10 machine and get my browsing fix from a Windows 7 VM on Winshit 10’s Hyper-V. How bloody weird is that. Sorry but this post is a mess due to the 3 dropouts while trying to post. I’ll have a go at making it coherent once the meds have worn down to a workable level.

Basically though, what or why is this, ReadResponse() failed: The server did not return a complete response for this request. Server returned 0 bytes happening and do the images supply any clues to the WHY? I need to post on Dell Forums and see how to resolve the Even ID: 17 issue to rule that out of being part of the problem.

Just has another weird one when I obtained the proxy server screenshot. I went to the Connections Page in IE to see if there was by some chance a Proxy Setting installed. Maybe Starman hacked me from Musk’s Tesla while in orbit but I came across this. Bear in mine that I am logged on as an Administrator, I had right clicked and Run as administrator from the icon that I open IE11 from yet I still have no access to check the LAN Setting because Some settings are managed by your system administrator. WTF?

[ATTACH=JSON]{“data-align”:”none”,”data-size”:”medium”,”data-attachmentid”:516220}[/ATTACH]

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.