The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted

Home Forums Virtualization Terminal Services The specified domain either does not exist or could not be contacted

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
  • Kobe 310

I have a 2008 R2, terminal server, it’s part of a domain. I have another terminal server on the same domain that’s ran by the same domain controller, and it doesn’t have a problem. Just trying to rule out the Domain Controller……….

OK, here we go…………

THE SPECIFIED DOMAIN EITHER DOES NOT EXIST OR COULD NOT BE CONTACTED is what I get when I try to log into terminal services. When I Restart the server it works til it doesn’t…..maybe 2 times a day.

All of a sudden, this started happening intermittently. This server has been in production for 2 years with no problems………….THANKS!!!!!!!

THIS IS IN EVENT VIEWER..THE FIRST 2 EVENT ID’S OCCUR THE MOST 1061 AND 4105…..

ERROR
    EVENT ID 1061

Remote Desktop Session Host server was unable to retrieve users Licensing information from AD. Error 0x8007054b
    …………………………………………………………………………………………………………

WARNING
    EVENT ID 4105

The Remote Desktop license server cannot update the license attributes for user “username” in the Active Directory Domain “domain.local.”. Ensure that the computer account for the license server is a member of Terminal Server License Servers group in Active Directory domain “domain.local.”.
    If the license server is installed on a domain controller, the Network Service account also needs to be a member of the Terminal Server License Servers group.
    If the license server is installed on a domain controller, after you have added the appropriate accounts to the Terminal Server License Servers group, you must restart the Remote Desktop Licensing service to track or report the usage of RDS Per User CALs.
    Win32 error code: 0x8007054b
    Remote Desktop Session Host server was unable to retrieve users Licensing information from AD. Error 0x8007054b

………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..

WARNING
    EVENT ID 46
    One or more RD Licensing certificates has expired. Please re-register.
    ……………………………………………………………………………………………………….

WARNING
    EVENT ID 4106

CAL reporting: Windows Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008 R2 : Per User CAL (TS or RDS) – Installed: 35, Issued: 47

WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?????…… I HAVE 35 INSTALLED CAL’S, BUT IS THIS SAYING THAT THERE ARE 47 ISSUED OUT?????? I ONLY HAVE 12 USERS LOGGED ON WHEN THIS HAPPENS!!!!??????
    …………………………………………………………………………………………………………….

Thank you

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

External Sharing and Guest User Access in Microsoft 365 and Teams

This eBook will dive into policy considerations you need to make when creating and managing guest user access to your Teams network, as well as the different layers of guest access and the common challenges that accompany a more complicated Microsoft 365 infrastructure.

You will learn:

• Who should be allowed to be invited as a guest?
  • What type of guests should be able to access files in SharePoint and OneDrive?
  • How should guests be offboarded?
  • How should you determine who has access to sensitive information in your environment?

Sponsored by:

Office 365 Coexistence for Mergers & Acquisitions: Don’t Panic! Make it SimpleLive Webinar on Tuesday, November 16, 2021 @ 1 pm ET

In this session, Microsoft MVPs Steve Goodman and Mike Weaver, and tenant migration expert Rich Dean, will cover the four most common steps toward Office 365 coexistence and explain the simplest route to project success.

• Directory Sync/GAL Sync – How to prepare for access and awareness
  • Calendar Sharing – How to retrieve a user’s shared calendar, or a room’s free time
  • Email Routing – How to guarantee email is routed to the active mailbox before and after migration
  • Domain Sharing – How to accommodate both original and new SMTP domains at every stage

Aimed at IT Admins, Infrastructure Engineers and Project Managers, this session outlines both technical and project management considerations – giving you a great head start when faced with a tenant migration.the different layers of guest access and the common challenges that accompany a more complicated Microsoft 365 infrastructure.

Sponsored by: