TaskBar Start Menu Properties

Home Forums Microsoft Networking and Management Services GPO TaskBar Start Menu Properties

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Kobe 310

I’m trying to disable the Customize Button in the Start Menu Tab. I was able to disable the Customize Button On the Taskbar Tab.

My goal is to not allow users to put administrative tools on their start menu.

I created a GPO in the User Config>Control Panel>Start Menu, i’m able to disable it that way. But i had to Disable “disable customizing browser toolbar buttons” so they would be able to use the auto hide because of the software we use. But this allows them to access the Customize Button in the Start Menu Tab, even with the GPO denying the Administrative Tools. If i could disable the Customize Button On the Taskbar Tab, there has to be a way to disable that. Spending hours of playing around with it, no success.

Also , same amount of time spent trying to unhide the battery for the laptops. The Remove the battery meter, gpo didn’t work, even pushed out the registry key as well suggested on https://www.top-password.com/blog/fix-battery-icon-missing-from-windows-10-taskbar/. That didn’t work either

Any Ideas.

Thanks

• This topic was modified 1 year, 7 months ago by Avatarwullieb1. Reason: Removed formatting
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.