Takes forever to print on shared printer

Home Forums Server Operating Systems Windows Server 2000 / 2003 / 2003 R2 Takes forever to print on shared printer

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    baschaff

We have a windows 2003 domain here in our office. There is a group of computers that are not part of the domain but they still use some of the shared resources. They use a shared folder with no problems and I have a few of them using the shared printer located on the Server. I can connect and use the printer without any problems with any computer in our building except for one. It will print, it just takes about 3-5 min to bring up the print screen then when you tell it to print it takes another 3-5 min. It also take 3-5 min to bring up the print properties in the printers section. It just happens to be one of 2 Vista machines we have here. The other vista machine works fine. How do I check and see what user account is being used when the computer accesses the shared resources on the network. Or how do I reset it. Since it is not part of the domain I am not sure how that works. It is part of a workgroup. Does anyone know why it takes soooo long to access the printer? If she connects directly to the printer then it is fast. But I cannot do it that way because of print queue issues. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.